68 Dart. Not mine but I like it.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may seem like alot of money but if it is as nice as the ad states the car is worth it. If you can talk him down so much the better. But keep in mind paint and body work adds up real fast. It would be nice to start a V8 project when all that is needed is the engine, trans, and rear and not have to do rust repair, panel replacement. Nice cars are getting hard to find.

You know….. I agree. If all I need to do is stick a key in it and drive that is a huge savings.

I was thinking along the lines of an "as is" driver. No v8 conversion.

When I posted about this car before several said the price was way high. That is why I came back asking….. What is it really worth?

I love the interior! The blue/white combo is very striking....I really don't think he is asking too much...I wish I had the funds to get that honey.

You know….. I agree. If all I need to do is stick a key in it and drive that is a huge savings.

I was thinking along the lines of an "as is" driver. No v8 conversion.

When I posted about this car before several said the price was way high. That is why I came back asking….. What is it really worth?

With that in mind you could sell off the parts and reduce your investment?

With that in mind you could sell off the parts and reduce your investment?

Yes... All of this comes with the car.

Included are these items I have purchased for the car-Rebuilt 8-3/4" 489 case limited slip A-body rear end with 3.55 gears and Yukon stainless axles, a V-8 disc brake cross member, clutch pedal assembly, sway bar, and Weld Rodlite wheels with like new tires.

I would probably want the brakes and sway bar but the rest could go.

You know as I get older I tend to lean towards paying more for a nicer car than my old mindset of buying it cheaper and "fixing it up!"

Yes... All of this comes with the car.

Included are these items I have purchased for the car-Rebuilt 8-3/4" 489 case limited slip A-body rear end with 3.55 gears and Yukon stainless axles, a V-8 disc brake cross member, clutch pedal assembly, sway bar, and Weld Rodlite wheels with like new tires.

I would probably want the brakes and sway bar but the rest could go.

It looks like you could recoup 1500 -2500 in the parts

You know as I get older I tend to lean towards paying more for a nicer car than my old mindset of buying it cheaper and "fixing it up!"

Absolutely! I would rather enjoy a clean driver today than spend the next year or 2 beating my head against a wall (been there, done that several times).

A quality paint job costs more than this car these days.

Absolutely! I would rather enjoy a clean driver today than spend the next year or 2 beating my head against a wall.

A quality paint job costs more than this car these days.

For sure, I'm helping a friend restore a 67 383 GTS Dart. It's fixing to go to Stripmasters in Milton Fl. where we are spending 15K on sheet metal work and 10K on paint. Then I get to put the car together! Glenn will have 60k in this car when we're done.

I love the interior! The blue/white combo is very striking....I really don't think he is asking too much...I wish I had the funds to get that honey.

I agree, I think it is a fair price to ask, it may be top dollar but not too high. I'd be very interested if he was closer to St. Louis

It definitely needs to be left as is though, modifying this car would actually hurt the value.

I agree, I think it is a fair price to ask, it may be top dollar but not too high. I'd be very interested if he was closer to St. Louis

It definitely needs to be left as is though, modifying this car would actually hurt the value.

I would change the tires to some sweet white walls. I may go have a look.

I would change the tires to some sweet white walls. I may go have a look.
If you head down there, you should stop by and say hi... You are up North of Seattle, correct? I"m right off the freeway at Kent Des Moines rd... 2 A-body Barracudas sitting here at the moment.

that's a very nice GT. Their had to find nice.
If your looking for a 1968 GT nice ..then u have found it.

Got my 68 GT just like this one last year in April for 6.5K. I thought that was a steal at the time. The economy is still in the crapper so I seriously doubt he'll come close to getting 10K for this little gem. My guess is if he dropped it down to about 8K he would be getting more offers.

Got my 68 GT just like this one last year in April for 6.5K. I thought that was a steal at the time. The economy is still in the crapper so I seriously doubt he'll come close to getting 10K for this little gem. My guess is if he dropped it down to about 8K he would be getting more offers.

did yours have a rebuild motor /new interior and spair parts..?

Yes i do beleive this is thread hi-jack. It would be better to have PM'd him and see if he might be interested.

I thought of your car when I saw this one and I was ready to tell 1968FormulaS340 to ask you about it.

I like the car like it is : /6 and all. I agree with Dave though, times are still tough and although the car is very clean it`s probably overpriced 25% for the market. These are the kind of cars that are being scooped up by guys that are doing the modern S/S cars. Starting with a virtual rust free, super straight, garage kept, specimen of a `68, is the key to an excellent final product.

Nice car but in these times if he gets any interest at all he might see 5k,and that ain't gonna be from anyone in southern wa.LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back