'68 Dodge Dart GTS: Color carpet kit & recommendations

-

Peini

Reaction score
Hi guys,
i just want to buy a new carpet for my 1968 Dart GTS.
The interior color according fender tag ist "Light Blue" & the paint is "Bright Blue Metallic".
I found a carpet kit at rockauto in med blue and also legendarys shop suggests the med blue carpet after entering my cars data.
Two questions:
1.) Is med blue the correct color?
2.) Is the carpet kit from rockauto (supplier is Auto Custom Carpets) a good one or are there better models out there? I would take the one with the insulation on the backside of the carpet.

Thanks for your help!

Best
Chris

See if ACC is willing to send you a color sample. Otherwise I'd go with what legendary says. I think 1Aauto makes the carpets, but I could be wrong.

If ACC is who I think it is, their reputation is that they ship one piece carpets in a full sized box no folding.

I think ACC makes just about everybody’s carpet. I have bought some from Stock Interiors and Rock Auto. Stock interiors will send samples. They both appeared to be shipped directly from ACC. The ones I ordered were all rolled up in both cases. Not a big deal if you have space for it to lay out for awhile. Buy the mass backing. I think it is worth the money.

I just got my ACC kit from Rock Auto and It's really great quality. Nobody can touch the price and it is boxed so that the shape is still there.
And yes get the mass backing!
Sorry I can't help with the color!

If ACC is who I think it is, their reputation is that they ship one piece carpets in a full sized box no folding.

That would be ECS. They contracted with ACC to ship their carpet flat, specified exactly where the heel pad was to be placed and to have extra material on the ends.

ACC ships their regular carpet rolled up in a box. Lately I've heard that it's made to order so they don't have to store any inventory. Once the carpet arrives, take it out of the box right away and lay it out flat. It probably doesn't matter if you order it from RockAuto or someone else. It's probably all made to order. Dante usually has a sale once a year. I think that's in the fall though. You can check his website and compare his price to RockAuto.

Thank you guys so much for your help! Just one additional question: What is mass backing? Sry for the dumb question but english is not my first language and i can not find a suitable translation either. I think this is the correct term for the carpet with the insulation on the back but please explain.
Thanks a lot!
Chris

The mass backing is a rubber (or something like it) backing on the carpet. It provides more insulation & sound deadening. It also helps the carpet hold its molded shape better in my opinion. I additionally put a dynamat clone down in my car as well. I really like the results. Car is much quieter on the inside. I think the mass backing is worth the extra money, but that is just an opinion.

The mass backing is a rubber (or something like it) backing on the carpet. It provides more insulation & sound deadening. It also helps the carpet hold its molded shape better in my opinion. I additionally put a dynamat clone down in my car as well. I really like the results. Car is much quieter on the inside. I think the mass backing is worth the extra money, but that is just an opinion.

Now i get it, thanks for the explanation. I will most certanly spend the extra money and take the one with the mass backing.

-
Back