68 dodge slant 6 2 v8

-

mopared68

68 darted
Reaction score
i have just recently bought a 4 door 68 dart 270 that has the normal slant 6 with an auto tranny. i would like to drop a 318 with a 4 speed tranny in it. i know there really isn't alot of people who do performance mods on this 4 doors but i think it would be funny as hell pulling up next the those ******* mustang guys a blowing there doors off..

my main question on this swap is do i have to replace the whole front clip or can i just drop this motor in cuz it looks like there is plenty of room.

if you can help me on this it will be greatly appreciated.

If you get conversion motor mounts it will drop right in. Unless you build a killer 318, thats really all you need (besides the linkage stuff)

do you know a good place to get the mounts
and if i buy the hurst floor shift kit itll come with all thje linkage stuff right

Schumachers are good, that is what I used. I would look around for a good deal on them since a lot of people sell them used after upgrading. I bought my stuff from rocket resto's on eBay (from Olympia Washington)

thanx yall my boy wasn't lying when he said to getn on here is i need help building my car. this is the first classic mopar i have had the privilege to build.

The 904 if built right will last a long time, or get a small block 727.

5.7 hemi is 100% correct if you built the 904 right it will last but if it's just something you wanna throw a quick rebuild on and beat it up 727 all the way, much more durable and stronger for a lot less money as far as parts go. Your boy wasn't lieing man, if you need something answered about an A body, this is the place to be. Good luck on your project man!! keep us updated

-
Back