68' F.B Barracuda Barn find !

-

Dustu

Dustu
Reaction score
Of all things ,my son and I just pulled up at the mopar show in tn. and we where unloading our swap meet stuff and a older fellow pulls up . Maybe he's looking for something .No ,he said did I know anyone looking to buy a 68' F.B. bcuda parts car? well ? He used the frt. cap for his 67' conv. and the 68' has been in the house for 10 yrs. House ?I'm more interested now! But the rear end has been sticking out in the weather tho.Price was fair .Maybe some rust .It was on our way home so I said we'll take a look .It was in the house OLD log house that had been added on to.Lumber and tin piled on and leaning on the cuda . The rear trunk is rusted out some rot at the 1/4's not bad at all green mose growing on the north side 1/4 panel .Mostly complete 318 and auto still all there !He thought the motor was bad ?Buckets ,console gone door panels gone ,floor looks good .Went back sat. and got it !Ended up making a trade for some parts for the 67 conv.Happy yes. Will I ever fix it ? Don't know Would make a great race car !I just mentioned to my son you never know what you will hear or find at a show!

Of all things ,my son and I just pulled up at the mopar show in tn. and we where unloading our swap meet stuff and a older fellow pulls up . Maybe he's looking for something .No ,he said did I know anyone looking to buy a 68' F.B. bcuda parts car? well ? He used the frt. cap for his 67' conv. and the 68' has been in the house for 10 yrs. House ?I'm more interested now! But the rear end has been sticking out in the weather tho.Price was fair .Maybe some rust .It was on our way home so I said we'll take a look .It was in the house OLD log house that had been added on to.Lumber and tin piled on and leaning on the cuda . The rear trunk is rusted out some rot at the 1/4's not bad at all green mose growing on the north side 1/4 panel .Mostly complete 318 and auto still all there !He thought the motor was bad ?Buckets ,console gone door panels gone ,floor looks good .Went back sat. and got it !Ended up making a trade for some parts for the 67 conv.Happy yes. Will I ever fix it ? Don't know Would make a great race car !I just mentioned to my son you never know what you will hear or find at a show!
How was the swap meet this year. I missed it. glad to here you picked it up
using the barter system. Are you talking about the one they had in Memphis?

This was the mopar show at the Navial base in Millington {small show this year}We were the only swapper.Went to Memphis M.C.R. swap was the pits for sure!Picked up the car on the way home .

Here 's a picture or 3.Has a factory Vaccum gauge also

Dad's Cars 031 re.jpg

Dad's Cars 022 resdize.jpg

Dad's Cars 021 resize.jpg

We may be burning up the gas but we're saving thousands of pounds of metal from the junk yard! Saving the world a ton and a half at a time!b.

-
Back