68 fish fastback rear seat question

-

redfastback

Don't ask me... my garage is empty
Reaction score
for all here who have a 68 cuda fastback, i have a quick question. i took apart the interior about 5 years ago, and just now putting it back in(please do NOT ask why it took so long, i don't even know). i just the back seat back from the upholstery shop and it pertains to the upper portion. is there an underlayment that goes under the carpet next to the metal seatback? the manual shows that you put one under the carpet of the rear deck, but i can't remember if there was something under the carpet of the upper rear seatback.

Suregrip391 said:
Mine had a real thin board, super thin almost like paper but was a tad bit more rigid than paper.......

Mine was the same but there was nothing under the carpet of the rear deck.

thanks guys. i put a piece of thin masonite under the carpet of the rear deck but wasnt sure if that would be too thick for the seat. i will find a stiff piece of paperboard or something similar. i had the seat frames blasted and powdercoated so they look better than new.

my upholstery guy asked me "why do you have a white interior if your a mechanic?" damn good question............

-
Back