Status
Not open for further replies.

SEbiscut

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Matching #'s, 383 4 spd fastback. Orig PP1 Red, black interior
$13K flame red paint, needs assembly, cuda is roller. $50K in rotiserrie'd project. Full Cal Trac mono leaf rear, 3.55 SG, Wilwoods, Too much
to list. Price reduced to $10,500 firm. Located in Reno, NV PM me for info.

Attachments

• 68 Formula S (1).jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 68 cuda orig 383 Super Commando.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,397
  • cuda engine bay.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,366
  • cuda front.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,395
  • 68 cuda web.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,389
  • 68 Formula S build sheetw.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 1,397
  • 68 Formula S listing 2005_Page_1 web.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,384
  • 68 Formula S original.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,371
  • 68 formula s parts in room air cleaner etc web.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 1,395
Gooo! What a deal!
Yes it is... was $15K & considering I have almost $50K into the project,
someone will scoop it up. Its also listed locally on C list. Not many
big block 4 spds left.

can you show better pictures of the rear quarters and the work that was done opening them up.

Why paint over the undercoat, or is was it that bad underneath?

It wasnt painted over the undercoating! Cuda was bead blasted on a rotisserie &
since we replaced tbe rear frame rails & mini tubbed it & a big hp low deck stroker was going in, we tinted a base like Lizard Skin with he PPG red that's durable & chip resistant
and also sound deadener. Firewall forward is smooth gloss.p

That's a great deal and it won't last long. What does the interior look like?

That tintable undercoating also works great on the inside floorboards. car will not rot a floorboard again.

Front buckets were prof done w/ Legendary foam & covers, rear fold down seat is original & needs no restoration, Rallye steering wheel was restored by Mike Tarkington, gauges & factory tach worked fine & have not been restored. Dash bezel needs resto & plastic chroming. Orig dash pad was re dyed. Have New Legendary carpet kit & headliner.
I'll try to get pics of the underneath of the quarters & sub frame connectors.

Forgot to mention the orig 383 ran great when I drove it for a year or so, but has been on a stand for 5 yrs. Orig 833 trans was newly rebuilt from the guy I bought it from & my resto guy looked inside & said it was nice so he only installed a new seal kit. Have orig rear 8.75 housing & axles. On it the car is a new 5" narrowed 8.75 w/ Moser Axles (large bolt pattern) & 11" drums & cal Trac Monoleafs. Front control arms are new C.A.P. tubulars & Willwood discs are slotted & drilled. Have New Centerforce clutch as well as original. New Firm Feel big torsion bars & sway bar. Also have originals.

Sweet! I am in the process of restoring a ratty 68 drag car and will have way over $11,500 in it when it gets to that stage. Looks like you have a spare hood too from the pics.

My bodyman is supposed to be restoring a very far gone '68 383S but he hasn't started except for buying some body panels. I should tell him about this car and see if he wants to work with it. Maybe I could use some of the floor pans he has bot for the project - very very rough project.

GTS sounds cool. Had a new Gt in 69 & always wished it was a GTS. The hoods in the pic
are the AAR fiberglass painted hood & the original hood w/ 383-S badges.

PRICE JUST LOWERED TO $10.5k. Can't seem to be able to edit the listing, so will do it this way. PM me for pics or info.

So with all of the modified parts that you have on the car, are all of the parts there to take the car back close to stock if they wanted to?

I think this car is great for somebody who is mechanically inclined. Best of luck with the sale. That car would be morth much more finished for sure.

again i ask. can you show pictures of the work that was done on the rear of the car, rear frame rails, quarters, wheel wells inside and out.

again i ask. can you show pictures of the work that was done on the rear of the car, rear frame rails, quarters, wheel wells inside and out.

Here's a few...

Attachments

• trans tunnel.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 521
  • wheelhouse tire view.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 474
  • rear torque box.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 482
  • trunk pan 2].jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 514
  • trunk lid underside.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 490
  • wheel house right interior view 1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 474
  • wheel ho use passenger side.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 500
  • subframe connectors 1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 485
  • full inside.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 475
  • trunk bezel w.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 487
I have 99% of the original parts, small bolt pattern 4 wheel drum brakes & dog dish wheels, master cyl, carb, NO exhaust manifolds, heater box works & is unrestored, all wiring harnesses are orig & worked fine when in the car, orig radiator, sway bars, torsion bars , rear end housing & axles, 3.55 sure grip is rebuilt & in the new rearend, trim, tail lights have repop $50 lenses), grille, glass, (all is good & have new windshield, too), trim, dash bezel (needs to be repainted & rechromed), dash pad (redyed), 833 4 spd (rebuilt), Inland shifter, gauges w/ factory tach option (works fine unrestored), zbar & linkage,
etc, etc. Note some of the orig parts have some New Jersey surface rust & would need to be cleaned & painted. The cuda wasn't built to be stock, but a stock appearing, lightweight, street bruiser w/ a 600 hp low deck stroker & later a big Hemi. I KNOW moving the frame rails inboard 2" wasn't a wise choice, but considering we replaced the front clip & rear quarters & framerails, I chose to build it as we did. I know how rare 383 4 spd A bodies are & its still the real deal, only modified. So please don't rag on me for the car not being bone stock. I just sold a bone stock 69 1/2 A-57 383 4 spd fastback,
so had an original big block 'Cuda & this was built for a different purpose. Its a bargain & I just lowered the price to $10K & will put it on Ebay first of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back