68 formula S FB resto

-
also, check out how well the deck lid fits. it is an AAR fiberglass deck lid. you can not even tell. i will get a under lid pic also. i was very impressed. it only weighs 18 pounds too :glasses7:

i've been pluging away on the car lately. i have the windows in. i buffed all the stainless. all the side window stainless is in. all the glass gaps turned out nice. it took awhile thou. i put on some of the emblems too.

the bright stainless looks nice against the dark paint. i'm getting ready to put in the headliner and interior trim. i also will be putting the white lower stripe kit on. i bet that looks nice on the dark paint. i found some of the correct paint,for the interior trim. it is different than the body paint. i will keep the pics coming....

Attachments

• pass trim rz.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 221
  • dvr grill rz.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 227
  • pass trim rz2.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 218
i just ordered a new moser dana 60 w/3.73 gears and disc brakes. should have that in a few days. i will post the pics...

Who did your grills?? That thing looks so nice I wanna dry-hump the hell out of it!!
your too much ragtop :lol::lol::lol:. i had this guy steve young do them. he,s the guy on ebay that sells the extream polish grill parts. his ebay name is:

eBay Store: partsmonsta.

i was very happy with his work....

So you sent yours to him, or did you buy the grills already done?? Either way do you care to disclose the cost??

nice work!!!!!!!

Can't wait to get mine back to start re-assembly...

So you sent yours to him, or did you buy the grills already done?? Either way do you care to disclose the cost??

i sent him my grills. he totaly took them apart. repaired them. re-finished/repainted and put back together with new hardware. it was $900.00

i'm keeping a running tab on this one. i will disclose when i'm done. i expect it to be about $40.000, when done

After reading your thread I must admit that your work is excellent. Top notch! First of all the body you started out with was a nice project. Lucky you that there is replacemnet panels availible.

The dark paint looks awesome. I can imagine the stainless steelmoulding against that dark red paint.

Since you pay so much attention on details I think your car will turn out great. Subscribed!

:happy1:

updates...i put the stripes on. they look awesome next to the dark paint. still waiting for my top cat weather striping, for the doors. when that is done, i will start putting the interior in....

Attachments

• striperz1.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 163
also, just got the rear end in today. i ordered a new moser dana 60. it has 3.73 gears, detroit locker and a billet 1350 yoke. this thing is massive. i also got some willwood rear disc brakes with a parking brake.
i will be useing the off set hanger set-up. i had moser weld the perches where i needed them. i'm going to go bolt it in now
punkrocka.gif

Attachments

• dana60rz2.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 150
  • dana60rz1.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 172
the next big thing on the list will be the altercation front end. will be ordering it very soon.
i also don't know what wheels i will be running. i'm not a fan of big "chip foose wheels" i know it works better to have bigger wheels on the front, with the altercation. when it gets closer, i will be asking for everbodys help with opinnions.....

the rear end is in. looks bad ***. nothing like a dana 60, under an a-body
punkrocka.gif
.i need rear shocks now. what is a good shock for a 4 speed car, with 850 plus horsepower. it will be mainly a street car, so ride is important.

i was thinking some qa1,s or bilstiens. what say you guys?

Sweet rides !! Other than the 67-69 barracuda bodies, im a huge fan of the 68-70 chargers Im a painter & the job done on the barracuda looks really nice, congrats!

It's been awhile....moving on the 'cuda. All together now, with wheels and tires. It has a hemi Denny coil over front suspension in it. Man, is that thing nice! The room it is going to give me to be able to work on this thing, is more than worth the price! I have been keeping tabs, and when all done I will give a final cost to build, if anyone is interested.

I have also have started on the motor. Should be about 900-950 hp. the motor specs:

601 cubic inch
Indy aluminum RB block
4.550" bore
4.625 stroke callies crank
Indy 572-13 heads head porter says about 410-420 cfm. we will see on that one...
13.5 cr
oliver 7.100 rods
cam motion solid roller 288-290 @.050 .800" with 1.7 Jessel rockers
Isky e-z roll max bushed lifters

I am hoping to have the car weigh about 3200 lbs. It is a 4 speed car as well. Should be a wild ride!!!

When the motor dynoes I will post the results.

here are a few pics....

Attachments

• IMG_2532 resize.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2535 resize.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 71
I know these are not A bodies, but this 68 will be keeping my 2 70 cudas company.......

Attachments

• IMG_2863.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2873.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_2878.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 128
-
Back