68 gts 4spd convertible

-

jack68gts

Reaction score
well,,,FINALLY after months of vetting restoration shops,,,our 68 gts 4spd convertible is going into the shop. my dad special ordered the car in late 67, it was born in feb 68, delivered in mar 68 and in apr 68 was drag raced by my mom ar island dragway in nj in trophy stock,,in which she won all 3 weekends she raced. we ran the wheels off that dart, back and forth to the daytona 500 for years, rockingham, darlington and every winston cup race in between, all while hauling our pop up camper with it. 1981 with a bigger family and gas prices, my parents sold it for 300.00 . they cried when it left but alas, the crestwood wagon was a much needed addition. we spent every holiday, every picnic, and every other kind of family gathering for the next 25 years talking about "the dart". we wondered,,and agonized about what could have ever happened to it ,,fast forward to mothers day 2016 ,,after years of detective work and scouring the internet for names and addresses,,,i knocked on the door of an elderly couple,,,asked if they had a son who owned a dart many years ago,,,her eyes lit up and she said "oh my gosh yes,,,why,,do you want it?", ,"its out in our back woods and i would love to see it gone!" i walked back,,and there in the woods,,covered in leaves and tree branches,,was my mom's 68 4 spd dart convertible.
IMG_0184.jpg

That's Amazing, to find it after all those year's! I would like to find my first car it was a 1969 Road Runner with a 383 automatic in B5 Blue. That was in around 1976/1977, when I lived in N.E. Ohio in a town off Lake Erie. It was in real good shape but I mistakenly traded it to a 69 318 yellow satellite that had a R.R. trunk lid on it and a new yellow paint job, and gave $400 to boot, at a used car lot. A few months later I got hit hard in the rear quarter at a 4 way stop intersection and found the satellite was full of mud! Went back to the car lot 5 or 6 years later and owner did not remember the R.R. or where it might have went from there.

Last edited:
-
Back