68 hemi cuda doors

-

irishracing31

Reaction score
Does anyone have detailed information regarding the 68 hemi cuda doors?
I read that they had light gage metal but can't find any information regarding what gage they used. They also replaced the window mechanism with a seat belt. Does anyone have detailed information regarding how they did this? How thick was the lexan window? Any pics would be great. Thanks in advanced for any help.

I think the strap on the window was not a seat belt but a strap with a snap to hold the window all the way up or leave it all the way down.

Im not sure the doors were thinner metal. I know the bumpers were. The strap for the window was made from a seat belt. Also door glass was just lighter glass not Lexan.

www.superstockhemis.com was a good place for info but the new owner seems to have screwed it up.

It sticks in my mind that the glass was supposed to be .080" thick. Here's the info I have. Hope I didn't make these too big.

Hemi Cuda Info 1.JPG

Hemi Cuda Info 2.JPG

I don't like the way those came out. If somebody wants the info, send me a PM with your info & I can email better copies to you.

The doors were standard 68 barracuda doors but from what I,ve read they were acid dipped to reduce weight. The windows were a special Corning brand window. I think if any were available you would be paying way more for what their worth, in my opinion. If it is for a clone car I don't think it would matter if they were normal glass or light Corning glass.

Dorian said:
The windows were a special Corning brand window. I think if any were available you would be paying way more for what their worth, in my opinion.

About 6 or 7 years ago I bought some lightweight glass for my dart from "Wild Bill Collett" (not sure if thats the proper spelling on his last name) he races a hemi Barracuda. At the time he was having the lightweight glass manufactured and had several sets for sale. I do not know if he still sells it or even how to get ahold of him but it might be worth a try if someone wants it bad enough.

I've seen the corning lightweight glass on a car. It's really thin and the owner didn't want me touching it in case I broke it! It's very cool though...looks like a sheet of thin plexi you'd put over top of your leftover spaghetti!

-
Back