68 hemi dart motor mounts

-

Liljohn

Reaction score
I have a new to me 68 dart. It has a weld in Martz front suspension. The motor is a 511ci hemi with a 727 and a Dana 60. When I purchased the car the motor was out. I do not have a driver's side motor mount and do not know where to find a mount. I have the 3 hole mount that bolts to the mega block but I have nothing else for the drivers side. Here are the pictures of what I have. Thanks four your help.

20220511_163629.jpg

20220511_163625.jpg

20220511_163547.jpg

I have a new to me 68 dart. It has a weld in Martz front suspension. The motor is a 511ci hemi with a 727 and a Dana 60. When I purchased the car the motor was out. I do not have a driver's side motor mount and do not know where to find a mount. I have the 3 hole mount that bolts to the mega block but I have nothing else for the drivers side. Here are the pictures of what I have. Thanks four your help.

View attachment 1715926021

View attachment 1715926022

View attachment 1715926023

Nice... You need ´68, I think pre ´70 B-body Hemi motor mounts. Look them up.
Depending on witch oil pump and oil system you are using, you may have to trim some off, to make it fit.
Looks like the motor bracket you have, had this done to it.
The bracket that is welded to the K-member, make your own that fits the B-body rubber mount. Since it is not an original K-member.
Thats what I would do. Start with a piece of 2 by 3" and build to fit the B rubber mount and weld that to K-member on your car.
And add a torque strap, to help the rubber mount...
Pm me if you need any pics...

Last edited:
This gives you an ide off what it looks like.
B-body motor mount, and bubber bracket. make a mount to fit the rubber bracket and weld to K-member is one way to do it.
A single line oil system, hi volume pump and OEM pump cover in this case.
motor braket FABO.jpg

This gives you an ide off what it looks like.
B-body motor mount, and bubber bracket. make a mount to fit the rubber bracket and weld to K-member is one way to do it.
A single line oil system, hi volume pump and OEM pump cover in this case.
View attachment 1715926105
I have found the mount and it is not a good fit. I will have to make bracketry to get it to fit.

Man, that's going to be one Bad Mopar! If you can Do the k member drop, then hang the Hemi there, with a shop crane, you should be able to fab it right up!

-
Back