68' Super Stock seat brackets inquiry

-

chryco69

Reaction score
I bought a set of aluminum 1968 Super Stock seat brackets off of eBaY for my 1968 Hemi Dodge Dart (clone) that I am building. I received them in the mail today.

I placed the brackets against the bottom of the seats, and observed that the top of the brackets are not the full length to reach the original holes inside of the seat front to back.

Was there a flat bracket? Or did I receive the wrong brackets?

Thanks

(I can post pictures if needed)

I bought a set of aluminum 1968 Super Stock seat brackets off of eBaY for my 1968 Hemi Dodge Dart (clone) that I am building. I received them in the mail today.

I placed the brackets against the bottom of the seats, and observed that the top of the brackets are not the full length to reach the original holes inside of the seat front to back.

Was there a flat bracket? Or did I receive the wrong brackets?

Thanks

Contact Younggun2.0. He has made some brackets and might be able to answer your questions. He might even post on here.

Why are you trusting aluminum seat brackets? Is this a street car? If you ever get rear ended hard those will rip apart.

Aluminum super stock brackets were for drag cars. Do you really think that NHRA would allow something in a car that would rip apart in a roll over, let alone a fender bender at a stop light. Aluminum is a lot stronger than you think.

perhaps the old van seats that were used have a different bolt pattern on the bottom. are you using the correct seats?

perhaps the old van seats that were used have a different bolt pattern on the bottom. are you using the correct seats?

They are the correct seats. Must have been a good from the Hurst factory. I have spoken to several other SS owners who stated that a strip of aluminum is to be used as an adapter in order to bolt them on.

Contact Younggun2.0. He has made some brackets and might be able to answer your questions. He might even post on here.

Aluminum super stock brackets were for drag cars. Do you really think that NHRA would allow something in a car that would rip apart in a roll over, let alone a fender bender at a stop light. Aluminum is a lot stronger than you think.

We are talking ebay brackets here and 1968 safety standards for NHRA have nothing to do with today.

I bought a set of aluminum 1968 Super Stock seat brackets off of eBaY

Please do. I think I understand what you are saying. Maybe you have them upside-down or mixed up side to side? You can install them any way you want but usually the angles face forward to tilt the seat back.

I used them on my car. The pic below is from when I mocked things up. I reupholstered the seats after I fit them in the car. The seats are from an old Jeep Scrambler but they are similar to the A100 seats.

Attachments

• IMG_9741.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 337
Please do. I think I understand what you are saying. Maybe you have them upside-down or mixed up side to side? You can install them any way you want but usually the angles face forward to tilt the seat back.

I used them on my car. The pic below is from when I mocked things up. I reupholstered the seats after I fit them in the car. The seats are from an old Jeep Scrambler but they are similar to the A100 seats.

I think your brackets are on upside down....

I think your brackets are on upside down....

I guess they could be. They wouldn't work with the narrow part mounted to the seat frame. The mount holes for the Jeep seat frames were different than the A100 seats. I did it the other way and then the brackets wouldn't line up with the holes in the floor. I had to drill new holes in the wider parts towards the outside edge to make it work with the seat frame. I didn't want to drill a bunch of new holes in the floor so I drilled the brackets instead. I put a brace across the front to keep the brackets from tilting inward.

-
Back