68 Valiant Rear Window Removal

-

1MeanA

Reaction score
I started to remove the window by prying one corner out of the seal. I then found a piece of rope along the bottom on the inside. Is the window supposed to come out by itself or does it come out along with the gasket? Just wondering before I go any further. Thanks.

Not sure about the rope, but DON'T booger up that gasket because you can't replace em. Rear window gaskets for 67-68 and 69 Valiants and post Darts are not available to the best of my knowledge. I searched and searched but ended up having to re-use my old one.

pull the "rope" first, the window will come out much easier. when re-installing, put the same rope in last. its meant to expand the gasket and hold the glass in firmly. its called the "lock strip". good luck- pauly

So the glass does come out with the gasket. I'll get it out tomorrow. Thanks.

remove the glass, leave the gasket.

101_0395.jpg

101_0382.jpg

Make sure you dont ruin that rear gasket they are almost impossible to find , the front gasket is no problem .

Thanks guys. I ended up taking the glass out and leaving the gasket in. I assume it goes back the same way?

I just installed the rear glass. On the third try I got it in by installing the gasket first, then one side upper and lower corners, then other side upper corner, then lower corner last.

-
Back