68 valiant trunk emblem

-

spudsterier

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone had a pic of the trunk emblem on a 68 valiant. i dont have one on my car or in my heap of parts, and i cant seem to find any online.

all i really need is a pic to see what the emblem looks like.
or if anyone knows where there is one forsale for cheap.

thanks

mine has lettering and the insignia, but i think most cars just had the insignia.
also, mines a 67. I'll see if i can get a better pic but i'm sure someone else will chime in before i get that done.

wheel pics 006_1_2.jpg

im not sure if those are stick on emblems or not,
but mine has 2 holes on the right side of the lid where it looks like an emblem with 2 prongs would go in.

OFFTOPIC:
what size wheels do you have on that car? and tire size?

none of the emblems are stick-on. i think the one you have is a small plymouth script emblem that goes on the right side.

wheels are 17x8 from a 98 cobra, tires are 245/45/17.

since this was taken i've swapped to a b-body rear end and lowered it some. busy with body and interior now so i'll be missing the summer cruises.

IMG_1442_1.jpg

here you go; mine was put on crooked after someone painted the car with something like a 2 inch brush many years ago. I didn't have time to look if it is screwed in but some glue is helping out.

Booty Picture Bluey.jpg

i think the one you have is a small plymouth script emblem that goes on the right side.

since this was taken i've swapped to a b-body rear end and lowered it some. busy with body and interior now so i'll be missing the summer cruises.

reason i was asking about the wheels is because i have 18's that are gonna be on mine and wasnt sure what size tire will fit the best...

here you go; mine was put on crooked after someone painted the car with something like a 2 inch brush many years ago. I didn't have time to look if it is screwed in but some glue is helping out.
thats exactly what iu was looking for, i just wasnt sure if it was anything special or just a plain emblem

thanks guys

only pic i have for right now :)

DSCN3824.jpg

none of the emblems are stick-on. i think the one you have is a small plymouth script emblem that goes on the right side.

how did you go about lowering it?
cranking the torsion bars up front and blocks in the rear?

i used front spring hangars from firmfeel that have two spring mount points, one stock and another that lowers spring 1". it has hd springs, not ss.
on the front i have 1.06 t-bars that are cranked down and i cut the bump stop down so it could go lower. don't know if it makes a difference but i'm using magnumforce non adjustable uppers.

what are the backspace on those rims, any interference with springs?

i'd like to go with 18's eventually also. with about 6" backspace i should be able to get a 9" rim/tire to fit. the current rims are standard mustang 5.72 backspace and are perfectly centered with a b-body 8.75 axle housing. had to run .75 spacers with the a-body rear that i used before. fronts have no interference at all but i don't have the sway bars in yet.

im not sure that the back spacing is on the wheels, but they are 9" wide wheels and for a temporary solution to them hitting the springs, i have to run 2" spacers

-
Back