68 Valiant Upper Door Weatherstrip Help

-

ebodyman

Mopar For Life
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install the upper door weatherstrip on the valiant. The car had none when I got it. What is the correct way to install it? Any pics or help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rick

There should be a groove that it fits into. I would use the 3m weathershield adhesive once you know where it's going to sit.

Thanks for the reply. I see the groove. I wanted to see one installed up close to make sure I'm putting it in right. Does the glue go into the groove only? This is my first a body.

Mine still has the old seal in it. I can attach a pic tomorrow. It goes all the way around but once it goes around the door frame they change to clips that pop in.

Thanks! I've got the bottom piece installed. The top piece looks like it could go several different ways LOL. I appreciate the help!

Does the upper have a flat spot? I am 90% that this part faces towards the inside of the car. Can't you just put the lower part on and just follow it up and see if it lines up with the groove?

Attachments

• Picture 2354.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 94
be back in a min I will go look at my 68

should be a flat side that faces OUT rounded side faces towars car. The Flat side glues to channel in the door.

flat side faces out. rounded part faces in on 68 valiant. This was on top of the door

test #1 hope this helps

Attachments

• 1968 valiant door.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 99
passenger side middle of door. It faces just like the pic you have of seal I think

Some pics that may be helpful..

Attachments

• IMAG0098.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMAG0097.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0091.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 81
  • IMAG0090.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMAG0089.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMAG0088.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 88
I just got home to see all of your responses. Guys I really appreciate all of the help. You guys are great. I think I've got it figured out now. By the way I like your taste in cars LOL.O:)

good deal!

Your '68 looks like it's painted the same Mazda blue I sprayed on my friend's '69, is it?

Attachments

• 36166_1_xl.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Aug. 21, 2014 231.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 73
Man that color is super close. The color on mine is called deep impact blue. It's a newer mustang color. That 69 looks sweet! I appreciate your guys help!

-
Back