68 vs 69 front discs for 318 barracuda - same?

-

jbeintherockies

Reaction score
When I search for disc brakes on auto parts warehouse, for example, i get drastically different prices when searching for a 68 318 barracuda versus a 69 318 barracuda.

Are the discs different between 68 and 69? Where do you guys get your a-body/barracuda front discs? Right now, I'm just looking to replace the stock stuff that is on there with OE (centrix for example) discs.

Thanks in advance.

When I search for disc brakes on auto parts warehouse, for example, i get drastically different prices when searching for a 68 318 barracuda versus a 69 318 barracuda.

Are the discs different between 68 and 69? Where do you guys get your a-body/barracuda front discs? Right now, I'm just looking to replace the stock stuff that is on there with OE (centrix for example) discs.

Thanks in advance.

I assume that you are asking about the Kelsey Hayes 4 piston caliper disc brake assembly that is used on the A body cars.
Everything is the same from 1965 to 1972, so i don't have a clue what that parts source is telling you when you are looking up parts.
When i come across calipers that aren't cost effective to rebuild, i just turn them in as cores, as i have a local independant parts store that handles, and can get the Centric line of brake parts.

I assume that you are asking about the Kelsey Hayes 4 piston caliper disc brake assembly that is used on the A body cars.
Everything is the same from 1965 to 1972, so i don't have a clue what that parts source is telling you when you are looking up parts.
When i come across calipers that aren't cost effective to rebuild, i just turn them in as cores, as i have a local independant parts store that handles, and can get the Centric line of brake parts.

No, I'm talking about the rotors only, not the entire assembly. I've called around here (Colorado) for new front discs for a 68 barracuda. Neither advance auto parts nor napa had discs for that car. When I call and inquire they tell me only drums are available for the front of that car.

So, I'm just trying to figure out where people with old a bodies get their buy their disc brakes. Do you tell them discs for a different model or year?

http://brakeperformance.com/brake-rotors-plain/brake-rotors-plain.php

When i need rotors for the disc brake set up's that i rebuild, i order online from this company.
But there are others, i'm sure, that sell them.
So if you can't find a parts store in your city that can get rotors for you, order them online.
Yes, you are right though, NAPA does not have, or can get rotors for this disc brake assembly.

Carquest had them, but were over a $100.00 apiece. Seems kinda pricey. I put a set on my '67 Barracuda ( kelsey-hayes 4 piston) and was quite shocked when they told me what the rotors cost. I here those kelsy-hayes jobbies have very low drag almost like racing type aftermarket brake.

-
Back