'69 340 Sanden with Bouchillon 4735 Bracket Kit

-

340sFastback

Reaction score
NOTE: this question does not pertain to '70 up small blocks, I am asking about '69 and earlier. '70 and up and '69 and earlier have different water pumps, diff alternators, diff crank pulleys, diff belt routings, diff pulley offsets etc. In other words comments about so and so did this with a '70 and up setup will not help and does not apply. Again, '69 and earlier cast iron water pump small blocks. If you don't know thats fine, no need to comment so and so did this that and the other with a '70s up setup. Thanks.

Anyone mounted a Sanden compressor using the Bouchillon 4735 bracket kit? It uses a single belt that wraps around crank, PS, and AC Compressor. Classic Auto Air sent me this bracket kit as part of their Original Air Compressor Upgrade Kit:

BPE A/C Compressor Mounting Bracket Kit Small Block W/ P.S - Bouchillon Performance Engineering

I am wondering if this setup will have sufficient belt wrap and not end up with belt squeal like others that have used Bouchillon mounting kits?

Pictures are from Bouchillon web site which shows belt routing.

Anyone have this bracket kit on their '69 and earlier cast iron water pump small block to share experience?

Bouchillion AC Bracket 1.png

Bouchillion AC Bracket 2.png

Bouchillion AC Bracket 3.png

Last edited:
There are issues, but there are fixes:
Classic Auto Air Belt alignment fix
That is for the '70 and up bracket belt setup. I am asking about '69 and back which is completely different and not related to '70 and up. I already seen that thread and it does not apply to the '69 and earlier cars.

'70 and up diff belt routing, diff pulley setups, diff pulley offsets, diff water pumps, diff AC bracket kit, diff crank pulley offsets, diff everything from the '69 and earlier cars.

So any solution related to '70 and up small blocks is useless.

Last edited:
That is for the '70 and up bracket belt setup. I am asking about '69 and back which is completely different and not related to '70 and up. I already seen that thread and it does not apply to the '69 and earlier cars.

'70 and up diff belt routing, diff pulley setups, diff pulley offsets, diff water pumps, diff AC bracket kit, diff crank pulley offsets, diff everything from the '69 and earlier cars.

So any solution related to '70 and up small blocks is useless.
From that thread:
The one that I got was for a 1967-76 A body and specifically used a factory AC crank pulley (3 groove), water pump pulley and 2 groove pulley alternator.
Good luck.

From that thread:

Good luck.
Yes, I hear you, its a mess given the '70 up and '69 earlier are different. Bouchillon does sell the kits segmented as so but I am not sure if that was always the case. Looking for someone that has actually used the 4735 bracket kit which Bouchillon says is for '69 and back small blocks.

-
Back