69 383 S factory emblem placement??

-

Mr Frank S

Reaction score
Re visiting some old pics of my long lost Cuda that did not have the "Formula S" emblem on the front fender behind the wheel.
The same one that was on the black rear deck plate.

My car also had the full length stripe option with "383" callout. Have noticed some members cars have the small "383s" (die cast) under the Barracuda located on front fender. Was the small emblem omitted when the stripe option was added??

Another memory from my car was a foot pump for the windshield washers, had a lot of fun with that one:lol:

Happy New Year:usflag:

I think the only place for the round emblem on the '69s was on the deck lid. There is ongoing debate as to what was on the fenders.

Yup, seen fender pics with both.....:wtf: .....was the "s" red???
IMG_20231231_205323510.jpg

Most of the blue on the lower right is gone, but this is the round emblem.

Here's a picture from a '69 I found on the web.
1969-plymouth-barracuda-formula-s.jpeg

Some 1969s had just the emblem, some had the stripe with the engine call-out, and some may have had both. I don't think there's any right answer.

So how about posting some of your pictures, please? :D

Sorry fellows, pics are not real clear:BangHead:, "foto mat" quality.
Wish I kept a lot more, just going by memory:rolleyes:
My original post has a good B/W pic, will try to find it again

Sorry fellows, pics are not real clear:BangHead:, "foto mat" quality.
Wish I kept a lot more, just going by memory:rolleyes:
My original post has a good B/W pic, will try to find it again

Nice car! Really nice.

photo-6.jpg

Each year was different. 1967 has the large "383" behind the front wheel, 1968 has "383-s" in the hood insert and 1969 has the small "383" ahead of the front wheel. In 1969, if you ordered the stripe the "383" was there.

If you had a ‘69 with the stripe with the engine call out you did not get the engine call out below the Barracuda script. Without a stripe you would get the engine call out below the Barracuda scripe.

Interestingly enough you could get the 340 in a plain Barracuda in ‘69 without ordering the Formula S package in which case you would get the 340-S emblem underneath the Barracuda emblem but not get the blacked out grill or Formula S tail panel. I believe that the 383 may have been available in a plain Barracuda also.

Thanks for finding my B/W profile photo S'cuder!!:thankyou:
That was shot in my HS parking lot just outside Autoshop.

I had a couple of buddies who had 340s, they either stayed right with me or a slight bit quicker.....
4 speed or auto did not seem to make any difference, my car with 3:91s was tough to beat when I change them over from 3:23s. 14.21 with mediocre skills at the tree:steering:

-
Back