69-70 Charger Flip top gas cap ..vented or non vented ?

-

rustytoolss

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the 69-70 Charger Flip top gas caps were vented, or non vented? I want to put one on my A100 pickup. According to rockauto my 64 A100 uses a vented anti surge gas cap.

I know for sure my 69 wasn't vented. There was a tube coming off the fill tube that ran thru thru the trunk floor. So assuming 68 or 70 weren't either.

My A100 also has the small tube at the top of the tank , and connects to the top of the fill neck. So how does this type of system vent, if the cap is non vented ? just asking cause can not see how it would vent ?? unsure ?

My A100 also has the small tube at the top of the tank , and connects to the top of the fill neck. So how does this type of system vent, if the cap is non vented ? just asking cause can not see how it would vent ?? unsure ?
go ahead and put tha cap in. then cut the vent line up high, and turn it down thru the floor, and toward the back underneath the car.. cap the line up high where u cut it . u would be just moving the vent. my 68 fastback had a vent stock like that. of course I added another one - just for the halibut. (old fish joke)

-
Back