69 A-body suspension

-

3404spd

Reaction score
Too many so called experts up north here, with different answers. I am putting a 73 K-frame under my 69 Barracuda. Some people say the lower ball joint is the same from 67 up to 76, as well as the lower control arm. I am converting my 10" drums to prob Wilwood disc. Trying to do my homework without buying parts I may have.:banghead:

I can tell you that i just swapped out to 73 and up brakes and the lower ball joint has a different mounting spacing. I would think you could still use your older style ball joints with your brake set up on the newer k frame. I had the wilwood kit for 10"drums and that does not convert to 73 and up spindle/lower ball joint. So you can use either your spindle and lower from 69 or you will need to use 73 up spindle and brake kit.

If you already have a certain spindle , be it drum or disc, you'll use the lower ball joint and brakes that go with them. If you have bought a brake kit, Wildwood, whatever, for a certain spindle, that's the spindle you'll use along with the lower ball joint that goes with it.
The only pieces that never changed in any way were upper arm bushings.

And don't forget that going to 73 and up system will increase your track width by around 3/4" on each side.

-
Back