69 a56 cuda

-

nwdart

Reaction score
Bought this yesterday as a parts car, friend on this site bought this 4 ,5 years ago as a 318 Plymouth barracuda and never figured out what it was due to wrong dash that was not original to car. He sold it to someone else before I ever saw it . That guy tracked me down as I have a dozen or better mopars and wanted to get rid of it. I bought it cheap site unseen. Fender tag matches radiator support ,340 4 speed,split bench, f8 paint is visible under body every where! Duel cutouts ,tourque boxes front and back ,clutch pedal intact floor shift column. Floor shift auto floor section is glued down over original floor crudely . Had 69 buckets in it but no floor gussets for them, hence L2X fender code. No original dash no title. Can it be titled with the tag,body numbers etc. do you need a Galen govier type to authenticate it? Car has no motor or trans but I have a 69 340 and a 69 4 speed car has a 7 1/4 in it now but I have 8 3/4
Can it be saved!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 128
Passenger rear floor is gone, frame rails are good . New rear quarters no marker lite in new quarter, other side filled in still can see it from inside, 67 front fender, black front grills that are damaged good nose, a56 hood that holes match my original paint a56 hood. It is the real deal now have to figure out how to save it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 109
Nice catch! I would think that it will require a bit of paperwork, BUT would be worth it. No proper vin tag? Build sheet?

You can apply for a WA assigned VIN, check with your local DMV for the proper form to get started.

Hi Steve , original fender tag but no dash! Last couple guys did not know what the torque boxs where.

Sucks no vin or build sheet. Even the original vin would NOT have shown its an A56 car, only the motor designation(5th digit). Only the build sheet and fendertag show A56.
BUT go post a new thread in the "lost and found" section, worth a shot.

hi nwdart...

your posting is a bit ironic to a point i've been discussing here on FABO.

please look over the thread "Interesting VIN number on 1968 Barracuda." i've provided a lot of information regarding VIN numbers that would be helpful for you to know about.

good luck with sorting things out...

Yes, this can be saved. In Washington in the end it will have a state vin number assigned to it. It will be a brand new number on a brand new sticker. Which they will affix to the vehicle. There are troopers within the state that are assigned the specific job of dealing with vin numbers and inspections of said vehicles. Most areas of Washington require an appointment. Not sure in your location. Here is a tip. Do not fix anything. Do not add anything of value, and don't remove anything. If an inspection turns up that this is stolen. It will be impounded and anything you added goes with it. Doesn't mean you'll automatically loose the car. But a whole different set of things can take place. Get an appointment, gather all your paperwork and start the process. Be patient, be above board, be factual. Good Luck

And now that you have posted pictures of it....... and numbers.......

Unless you can find the original owner and file lost title paperwork.

-
Back