-
Status
Not open for further replies.

340sFastback

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for the AC bracket that mounts the compressor to the water pump for the '69 and earlier small blocks. Attached are pictures of what this bracket looks like:

Orig AC Bracket 2.jpg

Orig AC Bracket 3.jpg

I think i might have one from a 67 Coronet 318 LA. Do you know if the main compressor pulley or clutch have to come off to get the bracket out?

I think i might have one from a 67 Coronet 318 LA. Do you know if the main compressor pulley or clutch have to come off to get the bracket out?
Yes clutch and magnet have to come off. But its super easy, run center bolt of clutch out, then you run a course thread 5/8 bolt into existing threads in center of clutch hub. That 5/8 bolt pushes clutch off of shaft as you tighten it. So basically the 5/8 threads which are visible after that bolt in center is removed is like a built in clutch puller. Super easy. Then clutch magnet is three small bolts. Its about the easiest compressor clutch on planet earth to remove.

The bolt needed is 5/8 - 11 around 2 1/2 inch. At my local hardware store thats the run of the mill regular 5/8 course thread bolt nothing special.

Yes clutch and magnet have to come off. But its super easy, run center bolt of clutch out, then you run a course thread 5/8 bolt into existing threads in center of clutch hub. That 5/8 bolt pushes clutch off of shaft as you tighten it. So basically the 5/8 threads which are visible after that bolt in center is removed is like a built in clutch puller. Super easy. Then clutch magnet is three small bolts. Its about the easiest compressor clutch on planet earth to remove.

The bolt needed is 5/8 - 11 around 2 1/2 inch. At my local hardware store thats the run of the mill regular 5/8 course thread bolt nothing special.

I'll see if i can get it out this weekend if you don't find one by then and get you some pics to make sure it's what you need.

This is what i have. Let me know if this is what you're after or if you have any questions.

bracket2.jpg
bracket3.jpg

bracket1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back