69 Barracuda - biggest rim size from factory

-

evil66

evil66
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just bought a 1969 Barracuda Fastback and was wondering what the biggest rim size was from the factory.
The state in which I live will only allow an increase in rim width by 1" without an engineers certificate so I need to know what the largest factory fitted rim was.

Thanks.

Since this is your first posting, I wanted to welcome you to the FABO site. Should we refer to you as "Dr. Evil"?

Please post some pictures of your car. I have never seen a right-hand drive Barracuda.

Where exactly are you located? I visited in 1992 and had a blast but my liver and drinking arm needed rehabilitation when I got home after a month of partying...

Thanks for the info and welcome. Bugger, was hoping that maybe some of the big block cars had slightly wider rims from the factory which would allow me wider rims legally. 14x5.5 " would have been fun in a 440 cuda!

I am from Sydney Australia and imported the car late last year. Anything over 30 years old out here we dont have to convert them so I have left it LHD.

Will try and get some pics of it up shortly, just getting it ready to be rego at the moment.

Hi all,

I have just bought a 1969 Barracuda Fastback and was wondering what the biggest rim size was from the factory.
The state in which I live will only allow an increase in rim width by 1" without an engineers certificate so I need to know what the largest factory fitted rim was.

Thanks.

interesting, i never knew they even did stuff like that.

Must see pics!

Welcome too:-D

-
Back