69 Barracuda cigarette lighter assembly question

-

gallantusmc

69 Formula S
Reaction score
I am assuming the hole to the right of the radio bezel is for the cigarette lighter. I need that whole thing including the lighter and knob. Does anyone repro that? I have looked at Layson's and Year One. Haven't been able to find it. Figure if I may just have to keep my eye out on Ebay if it's not reproduced. Would be willing to give a reasonable price for a good part. Have included a picture of the dash to show what I am talking about.

IMG_0118_1_1_2_1 (Small).jpg

Thanks for helping. Already checked that one. I am the one that asked them to post the extra picture so I could see the knob face. I will just have to keep looking.

Yeah, looking into that now. Most of the yards here don't carry cars as old as ours. They crush 'em.....sad. Did find a set on Ebay. It only has the knob for the lighter, but I think I can get the rest of it through Year One. Hard part is the right knob. Problem is I am in the field (playing Marine) next week and wouldn't be able to monitor the auction or pay when it ends. Might e-mail the seller and bring it up. Maybe they'll be willing to work with me :thumblef:

Many yards here are the same way, they believe that the only old car that`s any good is one that`s a foot tall. On the auction ,I noticed the seller is in Canada, so he may work with you, since it takes so long for anything to get (here) to the states. Good luck on your bid!

gallantusmc said:
Most of the yards here don't carry cars as old as ours. They crush 'em.....sad.
:cwm10: :-({|= :banghead: :sad: its a sad day, i dont see how they could do it...my dads friend found a duster with a very straight body lil to no rust, by the time he went back there to get it for me they had crushed it

Guys, I just came in from working on the car and I looked a little closer. Believe it or not when I bought the car I hadn't even looked in the ashtray on the dash. There is a lighter in there. I obviously just assumed the hole in the dash was for a lighter. So, my next question is......if the lighter is in the ashtray what is the hole to the right of the radio for? Here's a picture with a arrow to point out what I am talking about.

Interior (Small).jpg

gallantusmc said:
Guys, I just came in from working on the car and I looked a little closer. Believe it or not when I bought the car I hadn't even looked in the ashtray on the dash. There is a lighter in there. I obviously just assumed the hole in the dash was for a lighter. So, my next question is......if the lighter is in the ashtray what is the hole to the right of the radio for? Here's a picture with a arrow to point out what I am talking about.

I'm not really up on your dash...and I'm sure somene with one will let you know for sure, however does the hole look like it could have been added for a after market switch? I have known of some people adding an extra cig plug for a added 12 volt to supply an electronic plug. (radar, cell phone etc). I also take it your after market guages are in the place where your ashtay go's like mine? If so...they could have replaced a lighter? (unlikely)

DSCF0003 (Small).JPG

Gallantusmc

Just looked at the dash in my 69 B-Cuda and that hole is for a cig lighter. I don't have one in my ash tray tho. My 67 has one in the ash tray, and one in the console. My 69 has no console. May be your ash tray got changed at one time. My 67 does not have one in the dash. You can prob pick up a lighter at a swap meet, cheap, those dash knobs are quite common.

Hope this helps. Dave C. Ex U.S.N.

Meant to say thanks for the info guys. I am looking at some swap meets and on Ebay.

-
Back