69 Barracuda Dash removal

-

RJB1177

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im new to the site as of yesterday. I have a question. Can anyone give me any pointers as to the best way to remove the entire dash assembly on a 69 Barracuda Notch Back. The previous owner had no clue how to rewire or follow a wire diagrahm it seems and I will be rewiring everything back to factory specs. This is my first classic car and restoration although I have been working on cars over 20 years. Just want to be safe and see if i can learn from other peoples expierences.
thanks in advance for the answer to 1 of my many questions i am sure to have LOL

Welcome aboard! The windshield has to come out if you want to take the dash out. Do a search on here you will find lots of info
Again welcome aboard!

I just replaced my dash harness in a 69 notchback Cuda. I thought about removing the dash but opted out. I was able to do everything with it in the car including painting it. It was quite a task but do-able. I also have an under dash a/c mounted on the passenger side firewall.

I rewired a 69 valiant once. It was easier to just remove the instrument cluster and wire with the dash in place, so you can get the length correct...

We are trying to get my son's dash back in his 71 Valiant, so if you need pictures of the dash out of the car, let me know... We're doing the reverse.... :banghead:

Welcome to FABO...

-
Back