69 barracuda fastback 383-s

-

sammie

Reaction score
I bought this car from Dave here on FABO on new years day 2013 just under a year ago. Been working on it a lot as you maybe able to see in the pictures. This was the post for it.http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=211091&highlight=barracuda+fastback

I have since striped the car down had it on a rotisserie and finished the bottom of the car. I have two coats of color on it for now just to see if I missed any dings.I missed three and have since taken care of them.. I want to finish spraying the jams so I can completely assemble the car for the final spraying of the car. Being it is a metallic color I can't take the chance of the paint not matching if I spray it in pieces. This is the first car I ever did body work on myself so I am not the fastest but I think I have a good feel for it now. I have always done my own restorations on my cars but had a good friend do the body work for me. This is my first mopar I have ever owned, I have the bug now!! I was always a Pontiac guy! I have restored about 4 of them . I just picked up the K frame, rear end housing , rear backing plates and tranny member from the powder coating guy here in NY. I bought all new front end parts ball joints bushings ect. I bought everything to switch the car over to bbp as well. drill and sloted rotors from Ram man and strange axels.. I got a date coded correct 69 383 from a VERY good friend of mine across the street from me. I have know him for 30 years and helped him install a 440 in his 70 rr. In exchange he gave me this complete great running motor. That's about the only saving Ill be doing. everything else is costing me a $$$$$$$ . I'll be checking in with more pictures and info.

Attachments

• IMG_0441.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 976
  • IMG_0418.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 958
  • 030.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 954
  • 037.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 955
Looking good!!! Keep at it.

more pictures. for some reason last night they wouldn't go through.

I got the nose together today.I just need to screw with it some more but its close! I used window regulator springs for the fiberglass hood, worked fine, just need to give it more pre load 1 1/2 spins did it!

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 876
  • 024.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 866
  • 001.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 873
  • 023.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 870
new update I painted and cleared the car today
about 7 coats of color total and 3 coats of clear.
I didn't do the hood yet, thats next then sand and polish!

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 850
  • 012.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 867
  • 011.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 861
  • 010.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 852
Here's two I saved. Looks Great!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0243.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 843
  • IMG_0245.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 776
I love your 69 fastback! It looks F8 green? I also have a 69' 383-s F8 Green 383 four speed car. Watching your progress gives me some motivation!

I love your 69 fastback! It looks F8 green? I also have a 69' 383-s F8 Green 383 four speed car. Watching your progress gives me some motivation!

F8 it is! Id like to see pictures of your car!

Another F8! Mine is a 69 S 4 spd as well. Had to settle for the 340 though, but I think the droptop makes amends for the sb. I was wrestling with going orig color or not. Paint/body shop is going to "tweak" the F8 a little...

F8 it is! Id like to see pictures of your car!

I wasnt a fan of F8 until I saw it up close and although its not my favorite, I like it.
Keep up the great work, looking fwd to more pics

I will do it! Right now it is buried behind four 70' roadrunner K member assemblies, and a bunch sheet metal. But I am getting it out. after seeing yours, mine has to see the light! Mine doesn't have the A57 code, but it never the less has everything a cuda had on it, and it is all original. It was ordered by a navy guy in 68' from Europe. so it is a strange one. A53, disc brakes, am/fm, buckets. scoops,stripes,and lower paint detail. It has been off the road since 1982, with 70k miles on it.

Tom,

Your making me jealous!!!!

Nice work you are doing. Keep it up!

Going to see mine on Monday and it is still not painted.

Tom,

Your making me jealous!!!!

Nice work you are doing. Keep it up!

Going to see mine on Monday and it is still not painted.

Hi Gerald
I can't wait to put those emblems on I got from you, That's why I've been at it like crazy ! I was off today so between 2 1/2 last night and all day today I got the car wet sanded . I used 1000 first then 1500 and I started to buff with compound until I stoped for the day. Heres the quarter panel just compounded not buffed yet! It looks awesome! It was hard getting a picture because of the reflections .Picture doen't do any justice! Now Ill have a beer and watch Barrett Jackson Auction!

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 705
I will do it! Right now it is buried behind four 70' roadrunner K member assemblies, and a bunch sheet metal. But I am getting it out. after seeing yours, mine has to see the light! Mine doesn't have the A57 code, but it never the less has everything a cuda had on it, and it is all original. It was ordered by a navy guy in 68' from Europe. so it is a strange one. A53, disc brakes, am/fm, buckets. scoops,stripes,and lower paint detail. It has been off the road since 1982, with 70k miles on it.

I love the 68 Charger that looks like its f8! bullet movie car! Get the car out and send me some pictures or just post them here so we can all see!!:-D

Hi Gerald
I can't wait to put those emblems on I got from you, That's why I've been at it like crazy ! I was off today so between 2 1/2 last night and all day today I got the car wet sanded . I used 1000 first then 1500 and I started to buff with compound until I stoped for the day. Heres the quarter panel just compounded not buffed yet! It looks awesome! It was hard getting a picture because of the reflections .Picture doen't do any justice! Now Ill have a beer and watch Barrett Jackson Auction!

Tom,

Awesome..... Feeling it for you. Keep pushing.

You are doing some really nice work.

I wish I had that skill and maybe I would be a little closer to driving....

finished polishing the car. Still have to finish the hood. Back is killing me from that damn wheel! I just pushed the emblems on for the picture !
Should there be black on the inside of the script barracuda emblem? These are new chrome .Do I need to paint them black inside?

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 650
  • 014.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 669
  • 004.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 666
Even more awesome!

Hated to let those emblems go but I am really glad that it may have
helped motivate you to get your project done.

Once again you are doing some really great work Tom!!

I am hoping your progress will translate into some for me .

I really appreciate you giving up those emblems! I seen your pictures Gerald, Your doing a great job on yours as well. I still have to do a lot of the things you already did!

finished polishing the car. Still have to finish the hood. Back is killing me from that damn wheel! I just pushed the emblems on for the picture !
Should there be black on the inside of the script barracuda emblem? These are new chrome .Do I need to paint them black inside?

NO BLACK inside! I have plenty of NOS ones to prove it. Looking GREAT, my friend sold it to you and i wish i had as much ambition to work on my, to many projects!!!!

-
Back