69 Barracuda Fastback Fuel Tank Install Help Needed.

-

Moparaley

Reaction score
Hello. I've done a number of B and Cuda fuel tanks with the rear fill tube. My first A body install and I'm pulling my hair out trying to fit that tank to the trunk floor and get the filler tube lined up to the tank. I tried pulling the tube, Then putting the tank on thinking I could mate the tube to it but that didn't work. Initially tried to install the tank with the filler in place and could not get the grommet to line up to the filler tube. Is there another approach someone could suggest.

Thanks.

I raised the tank with lubed grommet and had my helper slip the tube in with (seal slid up)all the way then raised the tank the rest way and strapped it! Afterwards I slipped the tube up to meet the quarter. I had heard stories of folks messing up the quarter panel trying to install with the tube mounted. There is too little room to install it afterward in my opinion.

I raised the tank with lubed grommet and had my helper slip the tube in with (seal slid up)all the way then raised the tank the rest way and strapped it! Afterwards I slipped the tube up to meet the quarter. I had heard stories of folks messing up the quarter panel trying to install with the tube mounted. There is too little room to install it afterward in my opinion.

^^^^^^^^
what Gerald said

Thanks allot for the help! I did as all suggested and got the tank and tube in place as it should be. Ready to fire now.

-
Back