69 BARRACUDA FB interior question

-

GARRETTECH

Reaction score
I bought my 69 a few weeks ago. The car was completely torn down, sand blasted and epoxy primers. After bring all the parts home and going thru everything, there are a couple things (so far) that I am missing. Behind the folding rear seat in the 'cargo area' I am pretty sure there should be a sub floor that the carpet goes on. Also on each side pretty sure there is a plastic piece that covers each wheel well. Any help on getting me pointed in right direction to get these things would be greatly appreciated.

20221019_061142.jpg

This is from the internet. There is a panel for the carpet to attach to and some of the fender well panels were carpeted and some weren't. Place a want ad for these items here on FABO.
1666211968403.png

Thank you A56. I had a 69 many years ago and it had the plastic side panels. Just learned recently that some came carpeted. This car did have the upgraded interior based on the fact it had door panels with the woodgrain and map pockets so thinking maybe for this car the sides are carpeted...but there must still be a structure for the carpet to mount to. As far as the subfloor, I never remember having that carpet out on my old one so not sure what is under that. Was hoping someone could post a pic of that cargo area without carpet installed just so I could see what it is I am looking for

Thank you A56. I had a 69 many years ago and it had the plastic side panels. Just learned recently that some came carpeted. This car did have the upgraded interior based on the fact it had door panels with the woodgrain and map pockets so thinking maybe for this car the sides are carpeted...but there must still be a structure for the carpet to mount to. As far as the subfloor, I never remember having that carpet out on my old one so not sure what is under that. Was hoping someone could post a pic of that cargo area without carpet installed just so I could see what it is I am looking for

Here's a diagram of the part you need Garrettech.

The side finish panels are actually metal and are either covered in vinyl matching the seat cover color or carpeted the same as the floor carpet color. Same panel from 67-69 fastback. Also you will need the chrome strip that is used to hide the retaining screws.

1666213346236.png

Chrome strips are visible here

1666213407753.png

That metal panel that is on the bottom of cargo area attaches at the front between the bottom of backseat and the seat back. If that makes sense?
I can get pics after work tonight if need be.

This was my first question posted to this group and I'm sure glad I joined here....because I am sure to have many more questions. I actually have the rear trunk folding panel. Bad shape but plenty there for me to get measurements. Interesting about the side panels actually being covered in vinyl. Now I know why in my head they were plastic. Now I know at least what I am looking for. Thanks fellas

That metal panel that is on the bottom of cargo area attaches at the front between the bottom of backseat and the seat back. If that makes sense?
I can get pics after work tonight if need be.
Yes 4spd, that would be a great help if your car is still without carpet, thank you!

You're welcome. My 69 cuda has the deluxe interior with map pockets and "woodgrain" doors but my fender wells aren't carpeted. I'm guessing you made contact with the seller about those missing pieces.

Hey George, our 67 is deluxe interior as well, but wasnt carpeted on the sides either? Weird you would think deluxe would include that carpet?

Garrett, you're welcome, yes carpet is still out, so I can get pics.
Do you want dimensions of the fold down hatch?
Yes 4spd, that would be a great help if your car is still without carpet, thank you!

You're welcome. My 69 cuda has the deluxe interior with map pockets and "woodgrain" doors but my fender wells aren't carpeted. I'm guessing you made contact with the seller about those missing pieces.

Hey George, our 67 is deluxe interior as well, but wasnt carpeted on the sides either? Weird you would think deluxe would include that carpet?

Steve , I think that if you ordered the deluxe interior, the seat backs and the cargo area side panels were carpeted.

Not 100% sure of that though.

I'll check the factory brochures this evening

If needed, the fold up panel can be made from 1/2" ply pretty easily. It is surrounded on the top and sides with metal trim and almost a full-length hinge on the bottom. One spring loaded latch holds it up.

1666215148485.png

1666215271318.png

Driver side interior corner height........

1666216601154.png

Center height............

1666216519240.png

Width...........

1666216434520.png

Bottom angle cut..........

1666216918499.png

My '69 standard interior deck from the rear. No carpet on the side panels.............
1666215468259.png

If needed, the fold up panel can be made from 1/2" ply pretty easily. It is surrounded on the top and sides with metal trim and almost a full-length hinge on the bottom. One spring loaded latch holds it up.

View attachment 1716000304

View attachment 1716000305

Driver side interior corner height........

View attachment 1716000317

Center height............

View attachment 1716000316

Width...........

View attachment 1716000315

Bottom angle cut..........

View attachment 1716000321

My '69 standard interior deck from the rear. No carpet on the side panels.............
View attachment 1716000306
I believe he's talking about the 'sub floor" section as he describes it, in front of the divider.

I believe he's talking about the 'sub floor" section as he describes it, in front of the divider.
That is correct A56, the subfloor metal and the side panels. I have a beat up rear panel but has plenty for me to basically make a template and cut out a new one. But, all of this info is greatly appreciated!

4spd, yes I would definitely like to javelin pics if you can but nope, I'm good on the fold down panel

My 69 had a piece of thick paper like board under the floor carpet.

Heres some pics Garrett (my sons name) :thumbsup:
The big metal piece is held down with phillips screws at the between the back and bottom of rear seat. There is another set of screws and a chrome piece that goes side to side. Those are also Phillips , but these are chromed. See my pic with thumb, you can see the screw holes, these hold the chrome trim piece to the steel pan.
In another pic you can see where I'm pointing on the back of fold down seat. I just painted it all and you can tell like @rklein383 said there was a fibre board of some sort.
Ok, holes from the trunk, pretty easy to figure that out. I raised it up with wood while I painted it.
Bolts for those.
Metal side panels on mine arent carpeted. Mine were painted black and have a texture similar to factory dash pad.
Also theres 4 small handles, 2 on each side that are hold downs for the cases of beets. Phillip's screws. You can see the holes in metal cargo panel. I took the pics from outside rear glass.

20221019_205702.jpg

20221019_205717.jpg

20221019_205840.jpg

20221019_205852.jpg

20221019_210028.jpg

20221019_210035.jpg

20221019_210422.jpg

20221019_210436.jpg

20221019_210550.jpg

20221019_210634.jpg

Awesome pics and info!! Thank you very much for the detailed info! Hopefully my car will get to look as good as yours, sweet ride. This is my first post and questions on this forum and if this is any indication of what's to come here, I definitely found the right forum. I also have a 16 challenger and was on a couple forums for that car

Hi Garret, welcome to the forum. Maybe start a build thread over in Member Restorations so we can watch as you put that super cool car together?

Glad to help and thanks for kind words! As 340sFastback mentioned, start a build thread and get some more pics rollin'. :thumbsup:
Awesome pics and info!! Thank you very much for the detailed info! Hopefully my car will get to look as good as yours, sweet ride. This is my first post and questions on this forum and if this is any indication of what's to come here, I definitely found the right forum. I also have a 16 challenger and was on a couple forums for that car

If yer still looking for the deck panel........
1967 1968 1969 Cuda Barracuda Rear Trunk Panel | eBay

Well thanks dave....and now will probably be the first of many 'your kidding' moments. I actually do have that sub floor piece. It came with the car and is in exactly the same condition as that piece on ebay. But I looked at mine and figured it must have been homemade!! I guess not!!

-
Back