69 barracuda front bumper bracket question

-

ming

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm trying to install the front bumper today and found that the inside leg of both bracket do not line up with the bolt hole on the bumper, there is like 1½"off on both inner bracket
PN on the bracket 2768584, 2768585
Is there other part number involved to these brackets .
Thank you in advance

Do you have a 2768582 and a 2768583 as well? These are the 4 brackets needed to install the bumper. I think the 2 and 3 are on the inboard side towards center of the car, and the 4 and 5 are on the outboard sides. I cant remember if its odd numbers on the left and even numbers on the right or something like that

Last edited:
thanks for quick reply
I don't have the 582, 583, only have two of each 584, 585 that bought off a guy said that's all I need and look correct to me did not know part number for the other two
Thanks again

thanks for quick reply
I don't have the 582, 583, only have two of each 584, 585 that bought off a guy said that's all I need and look correct to me did not know part number for the other two
Thanks again

583 goes back to back with 585 and mounts on the drivers side frame. 582 back to back with 584 and mounts on passenger side. You need 582 and 583 to mount the bumper

Hi all, I'm trying to install the front bumper today and found that the inside leg of both bracket do not line up with the bolt hole on the bumper, there is like 1½"off on both inner bracket
PN on the bracket 2768584, 2768585
Is there other part number involved to these brackets .
Thank you in advance
I think the people on here that can help you need a little more info... what company made those brackets? Original frame rails and bumper? Photos? I have a '69 that I could compare photos to yours.

I think the people on here that can help you need a little more info... what company made those brackets? Original frame rails and bumper? Photos? I have a '69 that I could compare photos to yours.
Holy crap, I was wrong :)

Appreciate all, learn something new everytime.

After a couple of failed attempts to install the front bumper on my 68 Barracuda I decided to RTFF and found this thread. Now the bumper is on perfect and I didn't have to unload a 30 round magazine of 223/556 into the car out of frustration. Thank y'all. This forum has been a great lifeline.

It's really simple:

583 goes back to back with 585 and mounts on the drivers side frame.
582 back to back with 584 and mounts on passenger side.

Not counting hardware there are five pieces, seven if you count the stabilizer, how many combinations can there be?

5040? well we can eliminate the bar, 720, lets leave the stabilizer out (those should be obvious (if you even have them)), 24, lets assume you can match mirrored pairs, 4, of those probably only 2 will even bolt to the bumper and only 1 will bolt to the car.

How is this even a question, didn't you ever do puzzles?

And the more technical answer, download the dang FACTORY service manual (and supplement if you have a 67 Barracuda) and factory parts book.
All your answers are in there.
Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Rant over,

Alan

-
Back