[WANTED] 69 barracuda front grills

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you already have? There can be a lot done with it!
Well here is the story. Good frend of mine was shuffling cars around and the barracuda rolled out of the garage and hit another car and destroyed the front grills. Tha only thing that is good is the turn signals

So I bought a front grill for my 69 cuda and it was seriously misrepresented. I ended up doing a mega ton of straightening on the egg crate grill part and I had to make supports for all the cracked and broken surround and JB weld the crap out of it but when I was done it looked pretty dang good. Take an indepth look at what you have. The parts are rare and not cheap. You might surprise yourself.

So I bought a seriously misrepresented grill for my 69 cuda. Egg crate part was all bent up, surround was cracked and broken in several places. These parts are very old and rare to begin with. I spent a lot of time straightening the egg crate part, and I made supports for the cracked and broken surround, and JB welded it from the back. When it was sanded and painted it came out pretty dang good. You might be surprised what a little elbow grease can do!

Grilla.jpg

Grillc.jpg

Grille.jpg

grillf.jpg

Way back, I thought I could make one out of a '68 Coronet grill. Nope, a couple rows short.:(
upload_2021-7-18_18-51-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back