Status
Not open for further replies.

tufftoy1

71 Duster 340
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am in need of a left rear (driver side) frame rail.I need 3 ft. starting from the front of the rail with all braces to rocker panel attached.A rough cut would be fine I can do the trimming.Mine is too far gone/rust has taken over.
I have attached pics of the needed section.Please email me at
[email protected] if you can help me out----zip code is 27909
cell 252-339-6623
Thanks
Leonard

rail1.jpg

rail2.jpg

rail3.jpg

I have one, $100 + shipping

It won't have the torque box on it.

Look what Auto Rust gets for the ugly caps if available...

I can send it complete or trim it at the points you want. Shipping the shorter section could probably go FedEx pretty reasonable.

Got one that can be ready to go on Friday!

Leonard I'm working on buying a 68 Dart parts car from a fellow that's supposed to be nearly rust free. Should have it here within a week to start stripping it. If the ones CB has don't work out for you PM me.

Crackedback the only thing is my torque box and bracing is eat up also as the photo shows. I would like to find one complete if at all possible.
Thanks

Good luck finding a rail with a torque box attached.

That's specific to certain cars and will be very limited availability and likely real expensive.

Mine has everything but the box/plate, It has the spring mount section attached.

Only thing you'd need is a torque box plate.

Rob do you think the ones off the 68 Dart I'm getting would have the same torque box? I didn't know they did anything different with torque boxes except on the Formula S, big block, and Hemi cars.

Rob do you think the ones off the 68 Dart I'm getting would have the same torque box? I didn't know they did anything different with torque boxes except on the Formula S, big block, and Hemi cars.

Unless it's a BB, 340 4 speed, or vert, chances are pretty slim it will have torque boxes, really just the flatish plate with big square hole in front of spring mount.

I spoke with Leonard this morning and think we have things figured out.

Unless it's a BB, 340 4 speed, or vert, chances are pretty slim it will have torque boxes, really just the flatish plate with big square hole in front of spring mount.

I spoke with Leonard this morning and think we have things figured out.

Thanks Rob. Glad you guys got it worked out.

So, I take it this is a "frame off " restoration.
Sorry, man, but I couldn't resist. :lol:

Gotta' admire the dedication it takes to tackle a job like that.

Mark.

Mark,
That's cool it was very funny,but you're right in another way....Yes it is a lot of work,but I got her on the Rotisserie rotating......Already rebuilt the complete trough under the convertible top that catches the water and exits it to the 1/4 panels....Now that was a "job" from scratch......Wish I could find some 1/4 lower patch panels for it....don't want to buy the whole 1/4....I got lucky on this one (1 owner formula S conv. car) Anyway having fun restoring her.......

Leonard,

In relation to the rear or front axle snubber bolt hole, where do you want the rail cut?

I'll get a shipping total for you as soon as you get me that info. I can guess at the weight and measure it up. Shouldn't be too bad as the entire rail weighs in at about 25 pounds, so it will be lighter than that.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back