69 barracuda tail panel redo

-

plymman

Reaction score
Have ordered red and textured argent to redo the barracuda trunk trim. Has anyone done this? Do you mask all the letters and fish emblem or spray it all and then wipe the paint off with thinner where not wanted? Or is there some other method or combo? Looks like you would need the dexterity of a surgeon to mask it. Thanks for any help.

I recently repainted my 69 Barracuda. I spent a TON of time in prep, and the paint job came out pretty good, So I thought I'd treat myself to a new panel. The new panel looked pretty good. So I restored mine and sold it. I regretted buying the new one, because I thought my restored one looked better. Here is what I did. The red paint is just a red Dupli-Color spray can lacquer that looked like the right shade. The black is Krylon Satin Black. I used some GOOD quality automotive masking tape that was about 2" wide. I covered up each letter completely and individually. Then I used an Exacto knife (actually a Harbor Freight knock off) to carefully cut away the tape leaving tape on the letters that would remain silver. It took a little while, and I had to redo two letters, but as you can see the effort was worth it.

View attachment Panel1.jpg

View attachment panel2.jpg

View attachment Cuda 90.jpg

I recently repainted my 69 Barracuda. I spent a TON of time in prep, and the paint job came out pretty good, So I thought I'd treat myself to a new panel. The new panel looked pretty good. So I restored mine and sold it. I regretted buying the new one, because I thought my restored one looked better. Here is what I did. The red paint is just a red Dupli-Color spray can lacquer that looked like the right shade. The black is Krylon Satin Black. I used some GOOD quality automotive masking tape that was about 2" wide. I covered up each letter completely and individually. Then I used an Exacto knife (actually a Harbor Freight knock off) to carefully cut away the tape leaving tape on the letters that would remain silver. It took a little while, and I had to redo two letters, but as you can see the effort was worth it.

View attachment 1714799564

View attachment 1714799565

View attachment 1714799566
Looks great..........

View attachment 1714799564

View attachment 1714799565

View attachment 1714799566
Awesome work!!!!!!!!!

-
Back