69' bh29m

-

pitc

Reaction score
what is a good #'s body worth in the reality of today's market conditions? Body is solid, has tag (matches all over)b/c sheet, but non numbers drivetrain. The body panels are solid, but this car will need attention to everything else. yes, it needs money spent on it! Car has sat in long term dry storage and is a good base to start with but will come with the long term issues, some scaling brakes stuck, existing drivetrain, well who knows. Missing rad,oil pan,manifolds,motor mount etc. Grills need ateention etc. All the expensive stuff! This is a solid body only car. Help me out please.
No pictures are available. I was not allowed to take any.

thank-you

Very hard to tell any kind of value without pics, but that's a very rare car. Possibly alot of potential. Can't tell if it's cost effective at this point, but, even though i don't condone rebodying high dollar cars, that fender tag is probably worth gold.

what is a good #'s body worth in the reality of today's market conditions? Body is solid, has tag (matches all over)b/c sheet, but non numbers drivetrain. The body panels are solid, but this car will need attention to everything else. yes, it needs money spent on it! Car has sat in long term dry storage and is a good base to start with but will come with the long term issues, some scaling brakes stuck, existing drivetrain, well who knows. Missing rad,oil pan,manifolds,motor mount etc. Grills need ateention etc. All the expensive stuff! This is a solid body only car. Help me out please.
No pictures are available. I was not allowed to take any.

thank-you

i dont know man. you werent "allowed" to take pics? sounds fishy to me. if this is a legit posting, it could be any where from 1,000 to 10,000 depending on how bad the thing looks. are you selling it?

pitc
hello,

what is your email? I will send a photo of it. please, DO NOT REPOST THE PHOTO

thank-you
How can you send me pics if you don't have any. I'm not trying to be a d*ck, but i call bogus here.

If the body is solid like you say with very little rust its worth around 10k could go up or down depending on colors this is a real world pricing as ive been following these cars for years.Oldmanrick why would a solid body car need a rebody?and why would a fendertag be worth gold?makes no sense.

Got my curiosity up.....good luck finding correct manifolds for it....if the car is 10k expect to pay $5k for original manifolds....I aint kidding either.....

Could be bogus, but the newbie is asking a question! If it's legit, I would say he doesn't want the location out there. There are not alot of these cars around, simple as that. A ballpark,,,,,if its not a rust bucket, 12-15.

[QUOTE=andy korodi;...Oldmanrick why would a solid body car need a rebody?and why would a fendertag be worth gold?makes no sense

Your right Andy, i must have been getting tired. What i was trying to convey, and not very well i agree, was that with so many orig. parts missing the real value is in the numbers, vin & tag. Especially with so many cars missing the fender tags. They need to be protected.

In my book a solid 69 440 Cuda without the correct drive train is a good roller. Even though the body is in good shape the rest of the car is only average. As you mentioned it is missing all the expensive stuff. So as a solid roller I would say around 5K and a fully restored correct numbered one would fetch 70-100K.

OP is from Beverly Hills, CA so the car must be in that area. There is rumored to be a complete one here in Oklahoma that is in dry storage, I met the supposed owner but have never been able to put my eyes on it in three years so I suspect it is another BS story. If it is real, it is out in the sticks so it may be possible that people don't know about it.

OP is from Beverly Hills, CA so the car must be in that area. There is rumored to be a complete one here in Oklahoma that is in dry storage, I met the supposed owner but have never been able to put my eyes on it in three years so I suspect it is another BS story. If it is real, it is out in the sticks so it may be possible that people don't know about it.

it definitely got off on a bad foot by saying he wasnt allowed to take pics and then wants an email address from rick to send pics to.

I want to say something regarding some of my earlier posts. This whole thing started out as a red flag to me......

1. Brand new Acct.

2. No pics.

3. A unsolicited request for email acct.

4. Pics if i don't show anyone.

Maybe this was just a misunderstanding on my part? if that's the case, i want to apologize to the OP.

Knows how to edit posts too and attempted to hide his location with north america posted in his avatar.

Not really sure what's up with this post. But what's the problem with north america? A lot of people on this site have very vague locations? Sounds like he doesn't want people to know about the car until he decides if he wants it or not? Or maybe he's another one of those guys that will come on here asking for a real value then try to sell it on here for a big profit????

Not really sure what's up with this post. But what's the problem with north america? A lot of people on this site have very vague locations? Sounds like he doesn't want people to know about the car until he decides if he wants it or not? Or maybe he's another one of those guys that will come on here asking for a real value then try to sell it on here for a big profit????

It not just that alone. He seems very knowledgable on how the site works. I know where some good cars are and I keep it to myself hoping that one day I will get a shot at them. Read all the posts and put them together. If it was strictly hiding his location, I would agree. When he was called out by OldmanRick then he never posted again.

"No pictures are available. I was not allowed to take any."

Then

"hello,

what is your email? I will send a photo of it. please, DO NOT REPOST THE PHOTO

thank-you"

An original BH29M 1969 ‘Cuda 440, lot 941.2 was originally sold by Fenner-Tubbs Chrysler-Plymouth in Lubbock, Texas – a big player in the altered wheelbase match race days. Thoroughly redone in California at Restorations By Julius, this numbers matching RB monster fetched $48,400.
Julius’ engine bay restorations are among the best. This red rocket was formerly owned by NHRA legend Joe Amato (a.k.a. Joe Tomato for his penchant for red race cars). Nose heavy like a ****, we love the manual brakes and manual steering. Too bad Chrysler never offered these 440 A-bodies with 4-speeds.
Even with the console shifted 727 Torqueflite, these cars are simply brutal – in the best sense of the word.

Attachments

• AUCTION-29.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 263
He's online now viewing this post.

Yeah, I was looking at that also.

Good, now we have a picture that didn't exist. "No pictures are available. I was not allowed to take any."
This being a real deal it would be nice to know that a possible survivor body still exists.

Now you know how to get a picture out of someone....

That picture sure does look familar or maybe it is just the blacked out area and the flat tire that looks familar.

attachment.php

-
Back