'69 Bumblebee Stripe Application

-

71twister3bytheknee6

Reaction score
Quick question on the quarter panel decals when held vertically against the car,should I use the decal on each quarter with the slight deviation of the two pinstripes and main stripe (a few degrees on each) about 6 inches above the dart cutout tilting toward the front of the car,or to the rear? I would hate to do it *** end to. Thanks

Quick question on the quarter panel decals when held vertically against the car,should I use the decal on each quarter with the slight deviation of the two pinstripes and main stripe (a few degrees on each) about 6 inches above the dart cutout tilting toward the front of the car,or to the rear? I would hate to do it *** end to. Thanks
Not sure what your asking. The stripe for that year is straight on the quarter. Only the 70 & up years were angled back.

There are a lot of reference photos out there...
1969-Dodge-Dart-340-GTS-GT-Sport-Graphic.jpg

qg-383_1.png

qg-384_1.png

1969-Dodge-Dart-340-GTS-Rear.jpg

Cawley,Thanks for all the great pictures.I'm going to call the owner of Phoenix Graphics to ask him.The 2 quarter decals,even before you put them on,are not a straight line.Above the Dart or GT cutout,around 6 inches up,they deviate from a straight line a few degrees.I guess this is to somehow get them to be perfectly vertical,and to align them with the trunk panel,when they are applied to the complex shaped sheet metal.

Last edited:
Cawley,Thanks for all the great pictures.I'm going to call the owner of Phoenix Graphics to ask him.The 2 quarter decals,even before you put them on,are not a straight line.Above the Dart or GT cutout,around 6 inches up,they deviate from a straight line a few degrees.I guess this is to somehow get them to be perfectly vertical,and to align them with the truck panel,when they are applied to the complex shaped sheet metal.
If you never put them on before, start with part that goes over side light, then align from there.

Talked to Phoenix Graphics,the quarter panel decal top bend deviation should be applied with the deviation always facing the back of the car.It was slightly obvious on a dry run that doing it opposite on each quarter,with the deviation facing towards the front of the car,would end up with the trunk panel decal being to far forward to line up with the two quarter decals.It would have looked weird.God bless those line workers...they probably had a total of 10 minutes to do everything.I just think it would have been nice if the quarter decals had been labeled drivers,passengers.

Last edited:
-
Back