69 Cuda Belt Moulding

-

bob7four

Reaction score
I am assuming that the rear belt moulding is stainless steel. Looking for best recommendations to restore and remove scratches and scuffs.

I've been doing all my stainless and it coming out great. Spent around $150 on the tools, buffer and tried a few old pieces first.

I've been able to get everything out of the stainless. I use a small trim hammer to remove dents, a fine file to clean up. Then wet sand 220, 400, 600, 1000 and 2000. Once that's done I polish on the wheel. Afterwards I use a metal polish and sealer.

Takes about 1 to 4 hours per piece of stainless.

I'm really enjoying doing it and might start doing it for members.

Riddler

I've been doing all my stainless and it coming out great. Spent around $150 on the tools, buffer and tried a few old pieces first.

I've been able to get everything out of the stainless. I use a small trim hammer to remove dents, a fine file to clean up. Then wet sand 220, 400, 600, 1000 and 2000. Once that's done I polish on the wheel. Afterwards I use a metal polish and sealer.

Takes about 1 to 4 hours per piece of stainless.

I'm really enjoying doing it and might start doing it for members.

Riddler
I tried my hand at it a few years ago using the same technique as Riddler. Works great, and the trim looks awesome. I use the same technique when I powder coat something that has dents (valve covers or motorcycle fenders, Only with those parts, I start off with 220 dry, 320 dry, 400 dry, then switch to wet. Try it; it is actually pretty easy.

-
Back