69 Cuda hood scoop stud repair

-

wolfhammer

Reaction score
Anyone know a good way to repair a missing broken off stud on the die cast scoops?
Thanks

Anyone know a good way to repair a missing broken off stud on the die cast scoops?
Thanks

Yup!

Grind down the remaining piece of the stud to a flat surface, then, drill a hole the size of the replacement stud into the center of the old stud. Use a punch to mark the center of the old stud and use a small bit first then use larger bit sizes until you get to the proper hole size. After this is complete, get a piece of threaded rod the size you require and tap the hole out to the proper thread size. Use panel adhesive on the threads and screw into the hole. Done!!
I used this method on the Di cast hood louvers for my 68 Cuda. Worked great! Just take your time and go slow.

Hope this helps.

Yup!

Grind down the remaining piece of the stud to a flat surface, then, drill a hole the size of the replacement stud into the center of the old stud. Use a punch to mark the center of the old stud and use a small bit first then use larger bit sizes until you get to the proper hole size. After this is complete, get a piece of threaded rod the size you require and tap the hole out to the proper thread size. Use panel adhesive on the threads and screw into the hole. Done!!
I used this method on the Di cast hood louvers for my 68 Cuda. Worked great! Just take your time and go slow.

Hope this helps.

Thanks AAndrews

-
Back