69 Cuda M Code Map Light Switch Help!

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
ok guys so the m code is wanting its dash back but we are hung up on the map light stuff! now we pulled the original harness out and saved it as its in awesome shape, but now we are seeming to be missing ends which I cant explain.

going online I found that the map light should have a brown wire from the courtesy light under the dash to the switch, along with a yellow. well our courtesy light has pink and yellows...

I think I need to ask this question to help to know where im trying to get. what lights should come on the the switch on/ and at what time. also will the lights come on if I hit the switch with the doors closed?

lastly I have the switch and don't seem to have the connections im think I should have. in one position the two terminals connect and do not ground thru the switch. in the other position the two terminals do NOT connect but one terminal connects to a rivet, but not to the switch body as I thought it should...

any help would be awesome!

Attachments

• DSCN2731.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCN2732.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCN2733.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCN2734.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 202
  • DSCN2735.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 213
  • DSCN2736.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCN2737.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 194
  • DSCN2738.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 194
See if this helps.

Mine was all butchered up and I remade it with the add on map light accessory harness bought off e-bay and modified.

The wire that goes to the right door jam switch (yellow normally for lighting) goes into one side of the map light the other wire coming out of the map light now goes to the right door jam switch.
It is a simple, open door light comes on, or with the light switch turning the knob to inside lighting, also turns it on. There is a lot of excess wire from the run that used to run to the right door switch fold and tuck it under use factory clip (pictured) to secure. done.

could be this as well if the options were less.

See if this helps.

Mine was all butchered up and I remade it with the add on map light accessory harness bought off e-bay and modified.

I cant blow up either of your pics so I can see what you posted!

The wire that goes to the right door jam switch (yellow normally for lighting) goes into one side of the map light the other wire coming out of the map light now goes to the right door jam switch.
It is a simple, open door light comes on, or with the light switch turning the knob to inside lighting, also turns it on. There is a lot of excess wire from the run that used to run to the right door switch fold and tuck it under use factory clip (pictured) to secure. done.

hmm... so I guess i'll just have to make a run from the switch to the door switch.

thanks

just tried it and wont work... the ends on the yellow wires are 1/4" wide or so for the door switch. the spades on the map light switch are wide like the flasher unit's.

i think this is what he was posting. I copied from service manual. perhaps this one will be clearer?

Attachments

• CCF07132013_00000 (983x1280).jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 151
I can e-mail full size pdf's if you need. Think rockyj had your answer though. PM if you want the pdf's

I can e-mail full size pdf's if you need. Think rockyj had your answer though. PM if you want the pdf's

I think that will be just fine. I have it all wired up and will see how it works when the dash is installed!

thanks guys

-
Back