69 cuda suspension kit and uca question

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was doing some searching on here and there are varying opinions on which supplier to get the rebuild kit from. I am giving my 69 cuda a complete front end rebuild. Sticking with sbp and will have disc brakes on the front. I was removing the upper ball joint and noticed that the threads arent in the best shape, so I might go with new UCA's. So my 1st question is which UCA supplier to go with??
My 2nd question is I chkd out PST's and Mancinis front end kits. PST doesnt list who their parts are made by, but Mancinis list Moog as their supplier. From what I have been reading Moog is top quality. I can buy the chineseum upper ball joints for like $15 but obviously dont want to go that route. My concern is that I buy a kit and that it has offshore junk in it.
I have also looked at Energy suspension but i dont see tie rods or ball joints???

Car is 340 car and will be street.

Thanks for the input
4spdragtop

PST all the way value and quality. Might as well up grade to LBP and discs while your at it. You have one of what like ten known to exits might as well make it stop while your at it.

Thanks Eric, did ya see my thread on yer wheel covers?? A question about PST though, where is their suppliers from?? Im wondering if its chineseum. Mancinis kit is from Moog and is $545 for their super-kit. Im sticking with the sbp, I have everything to do the swap from manual to disc.

I don't know where they get their parts from. I did their super kit a couple of years ago. No problems what so ever. This has been covered in a thread before. It's just a matter of convenience and price IMHO. Good luck with the build.

The threads for the upper control arms don't look all that good even when new. If the ball joint goes all the way in flush and fits tight, yours may be okay.

The threads for the upper control arms don't look all that good even when new. If the ball joint goes all the way in flush and fits tight, yours may be okay.

Thanks!! I havent found anyone that has them in stock to take a look and see what the threads are like, so its kinda hard to compare.

That's right ,threads look like crap to begin with. If bj was tight to get out uca is probably fine.If worried tack new bj at top after install. imo good luck.

We don't list our suppliers - most of our parts are made to our specifications specifically for us. Every part we sell meets or exceeds OE specifications.

Moog® is based in the USA but a large portion of their parts are made overseas. Located in the USA doesn't mean the parts are made here, these days!

Everything we sell is backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty against manufacturer's defects. We've been in this business for over 25 years - we couldn't afford to offer a warranty like this if the parts weren't top quality.

-
Back