-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Chaos

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello, my Dad is need of the chrome trim at the top and bottom of the trunk lid on his 69 Cuda. If you have these pieces in good useable condition, his are bent up, please PM with a price and pics if possible.

Thanks.

Heres my 69's,make sure of year because these can be an $$$$$ purchase.

100_8852.JPG

The cars a 69. When we bought it the trunk lid was on the car, so I'm assuming it too is a 69 trunk lid. It has the center filler panel on the car now, but the top and bottom trim are beat up pretty good. I'll get a pic of what is there, but it looks like the one in that pic.

Again, if it is one piece that covers the entire rear, it is a '69 panel. If there are separate pieces, it is a '67/'68 trunklid (which will physically bolt right on but require different mouldings).

BTW: All of the 67-69 trunk moldings are somewhat costly (especially if you want very nice pieces). I am curious to see pics of yours.

I wish,Great eyes :-D Its not an Iroc R/T(93),its just a (92) Iroc Daytona but still only 1 of 112 in the electric blue.The 69 panel is a one piece(heres a better pic)from a distance it looks like a 3 piece because of the red lines painted to match the tail lights.

100_8955.JPG

I wish,Great eyes :-D Its not an Iroc R/T(93),its just a (92) Iroc Daytona but still only 1 of 112 in the electric blue.The 69 panel is a one piece(heres a better pic)from a distance it looks like a 3 piece because of the red lines painted to match the tail lights.
Yeah the color was misleading. I'll see if I can get a pic. I know his center molding is textured, not smooth like yours. Its a race car so originality isnt important, just want the correct parts. Thanks for the help.

thats not a 69 trunk panel or taillights
OH NOES OUR CARS A MUTT!!!! LOL. Actually we bought a wrecked 67 notchback about 12 years ago, the trim may be from it. On the 69 panel, where are the mounting holes? Do they use the same as the 67/68? Maybe its a 69 lid with the 67 trim on it?

OH NOES OUR CARS A MUTT!!!! LOL. Actually we bought a wrecked 67 notchback about 12 years ago, the trim may be from it. On the 69 panel, where are the mounting holes? Do they use the same as the 67/68? Maybe its a 69 lid with the 67 trim on it?

Or maybe just a '67. Is it my imagination or am I not seeing any rear side markers on the car (as in '67 style)?

Or maybe just a '67. Is it my imagination or am I not seeing any rear side markers on the car (as in '67 style)?
Yeah they're gone. We welded them up. In fact we had to locate a 67/68 header panel for the flat hood. I'm curious as to what grilles he has for the car now.

The trunk lid looks right,has the holes on the top and bottom.But It has the wrong tail lights and finish panel.My finish panel is supposed to have the texture argent paint(I like it like this better)69 grilles won't fit in the flat header panel.By the way that is a sweeet looking car.

The trunk lid looks right,has the holes on the top and bottom.But It has the wrong tail lights and finish panel.My finish panel is supposed to have the texture argent paint(I like it like this better)69 grilles won't fit in the flat header panel.By the way that is a sweeet looking car.
Thanks. He's worked on it off and on since 93. That was its first drive out of the garage under its own power a couple months ago. So the hood seems right for a 69? Does that mean the 67/68 moldings won't work on the top and bottom?

That is definately a very bad junkyard mutt lol

That is definately a very bad junkyard mutt lol
I hope it will be he's worked hard on it. The other car in one of those pics is where the motor and glide came from. That car went 10.0's with a 2x4 under the pedal. We don't have any wood under our pedal and no chicken sticks, hopefully I won't be looking for a rear valence and bumper shortly, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back