69 cuda windows

-

69fastbackfish

Reaction score
I have got new clips installed and gaskets on the glass, going to do the headliner first but not sure which way it turns notch to the front or notch to the back, as the glass goes do i need to use the seal tape or caulk or is the gasket self sealed thaks

What notch are you speaking about?

The gaskets aren't self sealed. Need to run bed and glaze on the gasket where gasket meets the pinch weld. Spray the pinch weld and the gasket with glass cleaner that's in the can not the bottle type. Set the windshield center the windshield two guys on the outside applying slight pressure pull the rope out and tap it in with you hand cupped so not to break glass. After it's in run a small amount of 418 urethane under the gasket on the outside of the windshield then lock the gasket. You will want to see a little ooze out the entire perimeter of the gasket. Soak with the glass cleaner and using a teflon spoon clean most of the urethane up with that and wipe on towel. Now while using 3m adhesive remover (get at NAPA) you can clean up the rest. Finished

I also ran a bead of the bed and glaze in the channel of the gasket where the glass sits since my was that way from the factory. I had the Safelite guy come with a new windshield and help with the install. I actually had to educate him on the proper way to set the windshield. It was a messy job with the bed and glaze, but I have a leak free windshield! This article from Mopar Muscle helped considerably.
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/projectbuild/mopp_0305_how_to_install_a_windshield/

As for the headliner, I had an upholstery shop install mine. The guy in our area came to my house and installed it in my garage. I'll be completely honest, I'm glad he did it, because the way he glued, stretched it, and steamed it, I would have never gotten it right myself. Go to my website, click on the Restoring Pt.2 link, and look at the couple of photos I have of the headliner install. Good luck!
Rob

-
Back