69 D100 slant 6 oil pan?

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
I posted this over on sweptline.org but that board is pretty slow and I am looking for an answer pretty quick so here we go...

The truck is a 69 D100 SWB with a 225 and 3 speed. I am replacing the motor with one out of a 66 dart. I had a truck oil pan and put it on the motor, painted everything and have it ready to go....then I noticed the oil pans!

The one in the truck is a front sump, the one that I put on the motor is a rear sump and I also have a car pan with pick up. I want to have it so all I have to do is pull the old motor and drop in the new one with no swappig of parts. will the late model rear sump pan work in a 69 D100? It looks like there is more than enough room. Also just curiouse would the car pan also fit and still clear everything?

If I was at Small Blocks place I could help here, he has two trucks like that and one is a /6 and he has many A bodies to put a measuring tape on and get pictures up for you
thank you for your help in the past Jr.

a bump for you

J.R. I am trying to imagine why it wouldnt work and cant think of anything. I think there is more then enough clearance....but I guess I would have to look to be 100% sure.

-RPM

-
Back