69 dart 340 all stock

-

sinister

Reaction score
Hi guys I am getting a 69 dart with 340 motor and everything is stock in this dart.And i would like some info on what it is I can do to this dart to get more HP and if possable better gas milage..You snickered at the better gass milage didnt you...Well I am just curiouse as if these two things I can do with as little cost involved as possable..I am going to be using the dart for town driving and the acational street race..So if you can help me out as if you were talking to a nebie that would be great...Thanks...Steve

Good free flowing exhaust with headers. 2.25 or 2.5" pipes at the biggest,

Good ignition system

Tune, tune tune.

Electronic ignition conversion with new wires under 200 and a dualplane intake and a 650 spreadbore carb

69 340 Dart and everything is stock in this Dart.

Dont touch it !!!!!!:shock:

Getting better gas mileage is no joke now of days. Putting $20 in the tank and burning it all up in under 2 hours--sometimes 1 :-D Stinks!

Anybody who thinks getting better mileage is dumb today is either rich or enjoys waxing his car and not driving it.

Thanks guys I will change the things mentiond here and will surely keep all the origional parts for the dart so I can put it all back to origional if wanted.....Thanks much..Steve

Hi Guys is there any one on here close to canada b,c that has any of these parts that was posted for me,for my dart that they are willing to sell? I know the pipes will halfto be dome at mufler shop but the rest I could get possably in this site?...Thanks...Steve

In addition to what`s been said you can make sure your:
1) brakes don`t drag
2) wheel bearings are adjusted right
3) front end is aligned as well as the rear differential
4) tires are good quality radials (not wide) and inflated correctly
5) excess cargo is kept to a minimum
6) oil is changed frequently

As mentioned earlier a good electronic ignition, set of headers, and a spread bore carb, will all help mpg as well as a viscous fan, low set of rear diff. gears (like a 3.23:1 or lower) and a lock-up torque converter.
Lastly, buy yourself a vacuum gauge and mount it where you can see it. Drive the car around and maintain the most amount of vacuum you can.

-
Back