69 Dart 5.7 "Butters" Build

-
Dantra,

I always buy the uncoated headers. When I get them I scotchbright them and then get VHT ceramic high heat paint and paint them myself. I have a pair of TTI's in my Dart for almost 4 years and they still look great. After I painted them i hung them in the sunlight on a summer day to sort of bake them.

what are you thinking price range on the %.7 stuff?
Hoping to get 1000 out of the Eagle shortblock w/ truck pan and maybe 400 for the Eagle heads (with new Felpro head bolts) I've got a bunch of misc.. I'd take 1500 for all.. intake, front cover, valve covers. And I'd toss a 8HP70 4x4 trans in for a few hundred more

Dantra,

I always buy the uncoated headers. When I get them I scotchbright them and then get VHT ceramic high heat paint and paint them myself. I have a pair of TTI's in my Dart for almost 4 years and they still look great. After I painted them i hung them in the sunlight on a summer day to sort of bake them.
Thanks for the info.. Taking that into consideration, I'll probably do the same. I'm ready to order except I'm at war with myself over shorty vs long.

Thanks for the info.. Taking that into consideration, I'll probably do the same. I'm ready to order except I'm at war with myself over shorty vs long.
Stock cam or aftermarket cam?

The shorties with mids is actually more... So it's not really about $$. I just have to be smart about the money or thus will be a forever winter project
Understood... Last thing you want though is the old "shoulda, coulda, woulda instead of I did it.
Again, this is just my opinion. No matter what you do, I'm still following this thread due to interest. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Understood... Last thing you want though is the old "shoulda, coulda, woulda instead of I did it.
Again, this is just my opinion. No matter what you do, I'm still following this thread due to interest. Good luck! :thumbsup:
Right on. I'm just torn.. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. I suppose I should start a new thread since it's now gonna be 6.4.. Better Butter 6.4 haha

Right on. I'm just torn.. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. I suppose I should start a new thread since it's now gonna be 6.4.. Better Butter 6.4 haha
I vote long tube headers… then it is the one thing that will never haunt you
just trying to help you out

-
Back