-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Ed

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a nice set of doors that don"t require a lot of work or a set of door skins for a 69 Dart convertible. Willing to set up shipping and pickup at your location. Please reply back with any pics you may have. I"m located on the east coast of Canada.

Convertible doors are different in that they have an anti rattle mechanism or possibly a safety latch built into them and i"m not sure if a hardtop door can be modified but I can find out. Please send me some pics so I can show my body man, get his opinion and see what kind of work they will need? Thx

I'm "knowledgable" on 67-9 cuda verts, and some of those parts cross over to darts. In the case of cudas, that anti-rattle piece was simple a screw on piece for the convertible. I believe the anti rattle piece is available repop?

In regards to the convert only screw on button....

On non concerts there are 2 dimples where the button goes.

Convert pass door
PXL_20231118_142227581.jpg

Non convert pass door
PXL_20231118_142316711.jpg

Convert pass door piller
PXL_20231118_142235642.jpg

As for door skins...

AFAIK the skins are the same 67 to 76.

in some Google searching people selling door skins show 68 to 72 are the same. There seems to be a hole on the upper door edge (for the mirror?) The looks out of place.

Last edited:
Old saying, learn something new every day and today is no exception. Thx big time for the Dart door education, will make my life a lot less complicated and improves my chances greatly as I move forward trying to find a solid set of doors.

Smokers window? No idea what that even means??? Lol
I believe that is the vent window. The only difference in the earlier doors, say 67/69 ish is the way the window whiskers attach. Early doors have slots and I can't remember how exactly the cat whiskers attach on the later doors but I ran into this little annoyance. Memory not what it once was.

I'm thinking when the vent window was eliminated the cat whisker needed to be extended and maybe the way they secured them changed ???? Just check before you jump.

I'm thinking when the vent window was eliminated the cat whisker needed to be extended and maybe the way they secured them changed ???? Just check before you jump
There is a contour to the opening of the door frame where the vent window goes through.

No need for it on the non vent window years

1974 Paper Hollander has a whole bunch of slightly different numbers. But they are grouping in Demon and Dart Sport in the same section. Have a repairable R (passenger) H.T. shell, if anyone is looking for one. Clean on bottom pinch weld, good latch and hinge areas. Willing to ship Fedex Ground. Dave S. Las Cruces NM 88012.

100_5925.JPG

DSCN0026.JPG

DSCN0028.JPG

Thx but i'll have to take a pass. Honestly all i need is door skins because my door frames, pinch welds ........are all solid. Because I'm having difficulty finding skins I thought if a good set of doors became available I would consider it but they need to be in good to very good condition. Again, thx for your consideration.

Certainly understand. Had a customer in Alberta (which is 1500 or so miles straight N of here) paid $500 for shipping only, in 2008 for a pair of Valiant fenders. Cannot comprehend what it would cost today, and with the additional distance involved.

Certainly understand. Had a customer in Alberta (which is 1500 or so miles straight N of here) paid $500 for shipping only, in 2008 for a pair of Valiant fenders. Cannot comprehend what it would cost today, and with the additional distance involved.
Funny as it sounds i'm not the least bit worried about shipping, I have that covered at a realistic rate. Just want to find a good set of doors or door skins.

I have good doors in alberta. Let me know if you're still looking and I will get pics tomorrow. They are 1970 dart.

I have good doors in alberta. Let me know if you're still looking and I will get pics tomorrow. They are 1970 dart.
I would very much be interested in your doors sir, please send your pics along with any additional information you may have. Thank you. My name is Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back