69 Dart Drum to Disc Conversion

-

AxeMan

Reaction score
I'm looking to change my 10in drums small bolt, to disc small bolt,I have the spindles from a doner 69 A Body.
Just wodering what other parts I will need to swap?
I have read that I will need lower ball joints from a disc car.....???
But also, there is mixed opinions on if the upper control arms will need to be replaced with ones from a disc car???
Can anyone shed some light on this issue?
Thanks

I'm pretty sure you'll need the lower ball joints. I think you can bolt it together with the old ball joints, but the proper ones use larger bolts. I believe they're the same as for an E body. The upper control arms are the same, you can use your old ones. You'll need the hubs & rotors, & the calipers. I bought a new set of rotors from Partzfinder for $129 with free shipping. Check my posts & I think you'll find a link. Make sure the calipers you get have the cross-over tubes on them, & make sure you get one left & one right. The bleeder screws have to be at the top when the calipers are mounted. I don't know for sure if you can use your old brake hoses, but I don't think so. I think there are also a couple of clips to hold the brake hoses, but I'd have to check. I have a set I'm planning to put on my car, but the weather just won't cooperate! We just had another blizzard here. I got stuck in my driveway, 10' out of my garage!

You will need new brake hoses. I got a pair from NAPA and they had the clips attached. If not, the clips are standard. If you use the existing ball joints, you will have to drill out the bolt holes. They are 1/16th too small. We drilled out mine, just to get the job done. I've got the new ball joints, just waiting for the stupid snow to melt so I can get the car to the garage again. Another source for calipers is calipersonline.com. They have rebuilt calipers ready to go, but no hardware, ie pads, retention clips. They can be expensive if you don't already have cores.

ssbc offer an upgrade kit to bolt their calipers to stock a body sbp disc spindles.

SSBC does offer a kit to change over to disc sbp using your drum spindles and your drum lower ball joints also. No switching out of anything.

-
Back