69 Dart fiberglass fenders

-

Csommers

Reaction score
I have a set of glass fenders i'm getting ready to install on my car and I'm trying to figure out a few things. First approximately where about is the hole for lower fender brace located on the lower part of the fender? Secondly I have glass headlight buckets and I am not sure exactly how they fit into the fender. Do they sit straight in them or slightly angled? All the glass is from UP22. This is the last of the body parts to setup on the car minus the grille. Thanks

I have a set of those that I had installed on a Scamp - the lower edge behind the wheel opening (I think that is what you mean by "lower fender brace") on my car had two mounting bolts - there really is no approximating where to make the holes, although I will say I did mine "open" (U shaped) to make it easier to mount them and to allow for some adjust-ability. As for the headlight buckets, I'm not following your question - can you take pics of how you mean angled or straight?

Have been wrapped up with getting the new house ready for us to move. Here are the pictures regarding the headlight buckets! The first 3 pictures the buckets are held in with 1 clamp where it looks like it should be free floating and then the next 3 are when I pushed the bucket up against the rad support where it mounts. I'm just trying to figure out if the position on the bucket in the fender looks correct. Thanks

IMG_4835.JPG

IMG_4830.JPG

IMG_4831.JPG

IMG_4832.JPG

IMG_4834.JPG

IMG_4833.JPG

it is hard to tell from so close up and the 69 Dart and the 70-72 Duster are different enough that I can't say yes or no and be fully confident with my answer - but, I do recall having mounted them right to the rad support on mine.. in fact I used Cleco fasteners and I know they were pushed through the support. Before the Cleco's I used sheet metal screws - this allowed me room for test fitting other things. Have you tried mocking in a grill to see if things fit? FYI - there is no such thing as a fiberglass part that simply goes in - they all require some adjustments - trimming and what-not.

hell, the back edge of the fenders (where they line up with the front edge of the door) had to be "adjusted" on mine.. gap was off before I did.

The headlight buckets do not sit against the radiator support, you need to move the forward against the fender. Otherwise your headlights would be too far back from the bezel. If you still need the location of the lower brace hole, I can measure mine and get that for you.

they are a different PN from 69 Dart to 70-72 Duster so I can see that what worked for me on the Scamp won't transfer to an earlier Dart - one thing I bet is the same though - it's a PITA to set up - especially if you've never done it before!!

The headlight buckets do not sit against the radiator support, you need to move the forward against the fender. Otherwise your headlights would be too far back from the bezel. If you still need the location of the lower brace hole, I can measure mine and get that for you.

So there would be some sort of spacer between the bucket and rad support?

And yes please I'm trying to figure that out still. Thanks!

they are a different PN from 69 Dart to 70-72 Duster so I can see that what worked for me on the Scamp won't transfer to an earlier Dart - one thing I bet is the same though - it's a PITA to set up - especially if you've never done it before!!

Damn right lol.

Csommers. Here is a picture of the drivers side fender brace. The only refference point I could get is measuring from the bottom of the bumper straight back was 11.5" for the hole location. The front edge of my fenders are trimmed so I could not measure from there. Hope this helps
belmateo

100_3919.JPG

Csommers. Here is a picture of the drivers side fender brace. The only refference point I could get is measuring from the bottom of the bumper straight back was 11.5" for the hole location. The front edge of my fenders are trimmed so I could not measure from there. Hope this helps
belmateo

View attachment 1715084491
Should get me in the ballpark. Thanks!

-
Back