69 Dart Front Fender Brace Pic Needed...

-

694spd

Reaction score
I'm missing some hardware on both sides of my Dart where the front fender braces attaches to the bumper brackets. The car once had tow bar tabs attached in the area and when I removed them I was left with missing original bolts and nuts. Can someone post a picture of what the correct mounting hardware looks like in this area.

Fender Brace.jpg

I'm missing some hardware on both sides of my Dart where the front fender braces attaches to the bumper brackets. The car once had tow bar tabs attached in the area and when I removed them I was left with missing original bolts and nuts. Can someone post a picture of what the correct mounting hardware looks like in this area.

View attachment 1715075750
This is my 68 on passenger side

IMG_2733.PNG

IMG_2732.PNG

Looks pretty much the same as the '71 stuff. U-clip for the end of the fender brace, nut and bolt for the bumper bracket to hold the two pieces together. Picture was to show the extended brace I used for tire clearance but you can see the u-clip and the nut/bolt in the top left corner.

img_3544_zpsvnqc8dk8-jpg-jpg.jpg

Does the u-clip go on the bumper bracket and the brace mount below the bumper bracket? Is the screw that mounts the brace to the bumper bracket a 5/16-18 or a 1/4-20?

U-clip goes on the bumper bracket, the brace goes below the bracket. The bolt that mounts the brace is a 1/4-20. The bolt that holds the two halves of the bumper bracket together is a 3/8-16.

Here's a better picture
IMG_4307.JPG

Thanks all for the pics. I think I can piece my back together now...

-
Back