69 dart head rests

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I'm to the point of getting my bucket seats and rear seat recovered. These came out of a 69 Barracuda. My question What type of parts do I need to add head rest to them? And Does anyone have these parts they want to sell to me?

You might be able to get the parts you need out of a 4 door car. I put '69 bucket seats in my '68 ragtop because I wanted headrests. I had a pair of seats but the headrests were gone. I have a '70 Polara parts car with a bench seat and headrests so I pulled them out. The posts were the same distance apart as the B'cuda seats openings. I did have to cut the posts off a little since the were about 3" too long and wouldn't go all the way down.
The whole point is I think you could find the parts in a C-body or other more common car. I believe all the bucket seats have the provisions for headrests. You will need the insert that goes in there (plastic IIRC) and the chrome bezels on top.
Hope this makes sense.
Dallas
missourimopar.com

You might be able to get the parts you need out of a 4 door car. I put '69 bucket seats in my '68 ragtop because I wanted headrests. I had a pair of seats but the headrests were gone. I have a '70 Polara parts car with a bench seat and headrests so I pulled them out. The posts were the same distance apart as the B'cuda seats openings. I did have to cut the posts off a little since the were about 3" too long and wouldn't go all the way down.
The whole point is I think you could find the parts in a C-body or other more common car. I believe all the bucket seats have the provisions for headrests. You will need the insert that goes in there (plastic IIRC) and the chrome bezels on top.
Hope this makes sense.
Dallas
missourimopar.com

I have a 70 Dart that I just took the bezels off and the little white plastic pieces. But I noticed the 70 bench seat had the metal friction tabs made into the frame of the seat. My buckets have the holes for headrest as I can feel them thru the covers. Do you think those metal friction tabs are allready made into my bucket seat frames?

I'm not sure. I haven't actually looked at a seat with the cover off so I can see the details. My original '68 seat had the holes too. I could feel them under the cover but I didn't take them apart as they were nice seats. The '69 seats originally had headrests but they were missing. I did have them recovered but I had an upholstery shop do it so I didn't get to see them when the covers were off.
Dallas
missourimopar.com

I'm not sure. I haven't actually looked at a seat with the cover off so I can see the details. My original '68 seat had the holes too. I could feel them under the cover but I didn't take them apart as they were nice seats. The '69 seats originally had headrests but they were missing. I did have them recovered but I had an upholstery shop do it so I didn't get to see them when the covers were off.
Dallas
missourimopar.com

Thanks MO for your replies, I guess I'm going to have to take the covers off to look.

The parts you need must come from a 68-70 A,B,or C body car and must be from a bucket seat car. The bench seat headrests are different (longer posts) and the hardware is different as well. Using bench seat headrests and hardware on a bucket seat will require mods. pg classics sells all the parts you need.

The parts you need must come from a 68-70 A,B,or C body car and must be from a bucket seat car. The bench seat headrests are different (longer posts) and the hardware is different as well. Using bench seat headrests and hardware on a bucket seat will require mods. pg classics sells all the parts you need.

pg classics?

-
Back