69 Dart ignition key light install question

-

69GT

Reaction score
I am reassembling my 69 Dart dashboard and just reinstalled the main wiring harness. While doing so, I wanted to add an auxiliary light harness. All of the various facets of the auxiliary harness fall into place with the exception of the ignition key light. I pulled the auxiliary light harness I have off of a 1968 Dart dash harness so I assumed all would be the same when adding it to a 69 harness. However, the thin metal bezel that the light is attached to won't fit over the ignition switch. The ignition switch is about 1 1/8" in diameter and the hole in the bezel is just under an inch. Were 1968 ignition switches smaller in diameter than 69? The 68 dash harness I took the aux. harness from did not have the ignition switch with it so I can't compare it to my 69 switch. I would think they would have been the same.

MVC-101S.JPG

MVC-102S.JPG

Yes, 69 is different. Just measured a spare: ignition switch housing measures approx. 1.170 dia. @ threads and hole in light bezel is 1.215 dia. It looks just like your pic but hole is larger. overall bezel dims. are 1.515 wide x1.430 high. Sounds like it's time to break out the Dremel!

Thanks for the help. I think I would rather just look for the correct light bezel than cut up the one I have though.

-
Back