69 Dart NO Brake Lights or Dome Lamp

-

mrdodge69

Reaction score
HELP!!! I have NO brake lights or Hazzard lights on my 69 Dart also dome light not working. Headlights work fine, signals front & back work fine, parking lights work. Bulbs are good, jumped the wires at brake light switch still nothing. No Dome light either. Also Hazzards only work if switch is on & you turn on a signal either right or left. Does Not seem to be getting power to the pink wire to the brake switch but fuse panel & wiring to it seems to check out. Does the power go through the headlamp switch first?

Well, after getting further in I removed the left kick panel were the plug for the rear lights are & now have a dome light & when the brake switch is jumped the left brake light.

2nd update, have a short somewhere. Back to NO dome light, No brake lights & a dim map light when it NOT supposed to be on.

I have the same issue on mine, but when my brakelights aren't working, the warning light on the dash stays on. When they are working, the warning light is off.

I'm gonna follow this and see what you come up with.

Well at Moparfest last weekend we had a lot of rain on Sat. So I am wondering if water leaked under the dash & something is shorting.

Ok, have to admit, when I first jumped into figuring this out my head was still a little cloudy from the weekend at Moparfest (if you understand what I am saying) tonight I went back to square 1. Check for power. Had NO power at the hot lead at the brake switch, followed it back to the fuse panel, as NOT having a blown fuse says that it was NOT a short. Turns out a bad conection at the fuse Next to the fuse that powers the lights at the fuse box was the culprit!!! I now HAVE brake lights, dome light again!!! I feel really dumb as I have removed WAY to much from the car for a bad connection! After studying the schematic the fuse box lead on the back side shares a common lead (basically jumps across) which is why I had NO power. Pulled the fuse cleaned the connection & FIXED!!! Everything works! The dimm map light was on when I had the jumper lead across the wires for the brake light switch. Undid it & light works like it should. Has been a frusturating few days.

Well I still didn't figure out the dome light, but the brakelights are working again. Turns out it was just the brakelight switch, $6 at Autozone and they are working again.

-
Back