'69 Dart question

-

Lost Bushman

Rich with Anti-Money
Reaction score
It's got the 904 paired up to the original 273, which is coming out.

I'm putting in a 360, .060" over with the magnum head conversion. Should I keep the 904 or the A999 I've got collecting dust. Will there be fitment issues? Performance or streetability problems? What about all around cost? I'm looking to build for street, not race or daily driving.

I would use the A999, since it'll have the low first gear ratio, and may have the LU torque converter. It will also have better internals for handling the power than the 904. Given that both will be "bolt in", and that they cost about the same to rebuild, the 999 would be my choice, without question.

There's no torque converter on the 999, where would I find one? I have a hard time finding anything for it as far as T-converters, shift kits, etc. In the catalogs.

Not sure where to point you on that one. I get stock stuff locally, an at a good price. I paid $40 for a stock 904 converter. So I know the stuff is out there, just not sure who makes it.

On the other hand, if the 999 is a non lock up, the 904 converter will fit, but the stall may be less than desireable.

-
Back